Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX hdisk mapping to a vSCSi Adapter Post 302578466 by torsten163 on Thursday 1st of December 2011 02:39:26 PM
Old 12-01-2011
Thank you funksen but there is still a mistake, could you be so kindly and check the code?

Code:
$ for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5
> do
> mkvdev -vdev hdisk16${i} -vadapter vhost20
> done

The command's response was not recognized. This may or may not indicate a problem.
Code:
$ lsmap -vadapter vhost20
SVSA            Physloc                                      Client Partition ID
--------------- -------------------------------------------- ------------------
vhost20         U8202.E4B.06B4F4P-V1-C327                    0x0000000d

VTD                   NO VIRTUAL TARGET DEVICE FOUND

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 12-02-2011 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

vpath to an hdisk

Is there a simply way for me to map a vpath to an hdisk on AIX 5.2? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
5 Replies

2. AIX

Migrating hdisks from vscsi to NPIV with powerpath

Hi All, I'm preparing to migrate some servers from vscsi to pass-thru NPIV. I am planning to have the SAN team move the exact LUNs from vio1/vio2 to those two VWWN through NPIV. My question is on the partition itself.. right now, let's say I have hdisk0/1/2/3/4 that are part of datavg. They... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapfrank
2 Replies

3. AIX

Vscsi and npiv on same adapter

Hi, I want to change from vscsi to npiv. Is it possible to use both on the same adapter, so we can change the systems one by one, or must we place a second FC adapter in the VIO servers? Thanks, Ronald (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldm60
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

5. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to put vscsi in available state?

Hello Friends, My question/problem is that I noticed 2 servers in my environment vscsi is showing up as defined (not available) or is defined and not showing the path to both vscsi's when ruining lspath command. I am new to AIX admin, work alone, and work in an small environment. My question is,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
12 Replies

7. AIX

How can I map hdisk# to rhdisk#?

Some storage/disks have been added to an existing AIX 6.1 server. The admin sent me the list of hdisk#'s for the new disks, but I need the corresponding rhdisk# for the same hdisk. (I know from past experience that the rhdisk that maps to an hdisk is not always the same number. For instance,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrower
5 Replies

8. AIX

Devices.vscsi.disk ?

Hello, When I assigned CDROM from IVM (VIOS) to LPAR and then running cfgmgr i get the following message on the client lpar #cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.vscsi.disk searching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies

10. AIX

Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0

Hi, We had a hardware problem with an IBM System p5 server, with AIX 5.2 We restore from a tape the last backup we had, but the server does not boot up as expected. The server try to mount some directories from a storage, but could not comunicate with them, we check the FC and everything is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
12 Replies
Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)

NAME
Arch::LiteWeb - simple way to access web pages SYNOPSIS
my $web = Arch::LiteWeb->new; my $content = $web->get("http://some.domain:81/some/path"); die $web->error . " while processing " . $web->request_url unless $content; my $content_type = $web->response_headers->{content_type}; DESCRIPTION
This class provides a basic and easy to use support for the client-side HTTP. It is supplied in order to avoid dependency on LWP. If such dependency is not a problem, consider to use LWP instead that provides much better support for HTTP and other protocols. METHODS
The following class methods are available: get, post, request_url, error, error_with_url, network_error, response_code, response_codestr, response_error, response_headers, response_content. get url [params ...] Execute HTTP get of the given url and return the html string or undef on network/response error. Use other methods to get the details about the error and the response. params is key-value hash, the following keys are supported: url_host - only used if url is none url_port - only used if url is none(80) url_path - only used if url is none endl - default is "1512" timeout - default is 20 seconds user_agent - default is "Arch::LiteWeb/0.1" nocache - add a no-cache header noredirect - don't follow redirect responses max_redirect_depth - default is 5 use_proxy - default is false proxy_url - proxy url ($http_proxy supported too) proxy_host - only used if proxy_url is none proxy_port - only used if proxy_url is none(80) post url input [params] Not implemented yet. request_url Actual url of the last issued request or undef. If partial redirect responses are enabled, then the result is the last (non-redirect) url. error If the last request resulted in error (i.e. get/post returned undef), then this method returns the error message, otherwise it returns undef. This is just a shortcut for network_error || response_error. error_with_url Like error, but with " while fetching request_url " text appended if non undef. network_error The network error message for the last request or undef. response_error The response error message for the last request or undef. response_code The last response code (integer) or undef. response_codestr The last response code (string) or undef. response_headers The last response headers (hashref of HTTP headers) or undef. response_content The last response content or undef. This is the same thing that the last get/post returns. BUGS
Not intended for use in mission-critical applications. AUTHORS
Mikhael Goikhman (migo@homemail.com--Perl-GPL/arch-perl--devel). SEE ALSO
For more information, see LWP, LWP::Simple. perl v5.10.1 2005-03-25 Arch::LiteWeb(3pm)