Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to tell which process is doing most I/O Post 302578401 by delphys on Thursday 1st of December 2011 11:40:23 AM
Old 12-01-2011
yea, do not have access to gpm ..
Is there a way to tell this from Glance by per Proc level ??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KSH/Bash] Starting a parent process from a child process?

Hey all, I need to launch a script from within 2 other scripts that can run independently of the two parent scripts... Im having a hard time doing this, if anyone knows how please let me know. More detail. ScriptA (bash), ScriptB (ksh), ScriptC (bash) ScriptA, launches ScriptB ScirptB,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

6. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring processes in parallel and process log file after process exits

I am writing a script to kick off a process to gather logs on multiple nodes in parallel using "&". These processes create individual log files. Which I would like to filter and convert in CSV format after they are complete. I am facing following issues: 1. Monitor all Processes parallelly.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunya
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
disklabel(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      disklabel(4)

NAME
disklabel - Disk pack label SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/disklabel.h> DESCRIPTION
Each disk or disk pack on a system may contain a disk label which provides detailed information about the geometry of the disk and the par- titions into which the disk is divided. It should be initialized when the disk is formatted, and may be changed later with the disklabel program. This information is used by the system disk driver and by the bootstrap program to determine how to program the drive and where to find the file systems on the disk partitions. Additional information is used by the file system in order to use the disk most effi- ciently and to locate important file system information. The description of each partition contains an identifier for the partition type (standard file system, swap area, etc.). The file system updates the in-core copy of the label if it contains incomplete information about the file system. The label is located in sector number LABELSECTOR of the drive, usually sector 0 (zero) where it may be found without any information about the disk geometry. It is at an offset LABELOFFSET from the beginning of the sector, to allow room for the initial bootstrap. The disk sector containing the label is normally made read-only so that it is not accidentally overwritten by pack-to-pack copies or swap opera- tions; the DIOCWLABEL ioctl, which is done as needed by the disklabel program, allows modification of the label sector. A copy of the in-core label for a disk can be obtained with the DIOCGDINFO ioctl; this works with a file descriptor for a block or charac- ter (raw) device for any partition of the disk. The in-core copy of the label is set by the DIOCSDINFO ioctl. The offset of a partition cannot generally be changed, nor made smaller while it is open. One exception is that any change is allowed if no label was found on the disk, and the driver was able to construct only a skeletal label without partition information. Finally, the DIOCWDINFO ioctl operation sets the in-core label and then updates the on-disk label; there must be an existing label on the disk for this operation to succeed. Thus, the initial label for a disk or disk pack must be installed by writing to the raw disk. All of these operations are normally done using the disklabel program. RELATED INFORMATION
Files: disktab(4) Commands: disklabel(8) delim off disklabel(4)