Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX hdisk mapping to a vSCSi Adapter Post 302578270 by torsten163 on Thursday 1st of December 2011 08:03:44 AM
Old 12-01-2011
hdisk mapping to a vSCSi Adapter

Hello,
I have a VIOS System and would like to do mapping some hdisks, hdisk160 until hdisk165 to a vSCSi Adapter. I try to do this in the oem_setup_env like the following:
Code:
for i in $(lspv | grep hdisk* | awk {'print $1'};
do
   mkdev -V $i -p vhost20
done

There where a mapping with hdisk16 but this is totally wrong. Can anybody give me some inspiration to realize this? Many thanks!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, please - check your PMs.

Last edited by zaxxon; 12-01-2011 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: code tags, see PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

vpath to an hdisk

Is there a simply way for me to map a vpath to an hdisk on AIX 5.2? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
5 Replies

2. AIX

Migrating hdisks from vscsi to NPIV with powerpath

Hi All, I'm preparing to migrate some servers from vscsi to pass-thru NPIV. I am planning to have the SAN team move the exact LUNs from vio1/vio2 to those two VWWN through NPIV. My question is on the partition itself.. right now, let's say I have hdisk0/1/2/3/4 that are part of datavg. They... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapfrank
2 Replies

3. AIX

Vscsi and npiv on same adapter

Hi, I want to change from vscsi to npiv. Is it possible to use both on the same adapter, so we can change the systems one by one, or must we place a second FC adapter in the VIO servers? Thanks, Ronald (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldm60
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

5. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to put vscsi in available state?

Hello Friends, My question/problem is that I noticed 2 servers in my environment vscsi is showing up as defined (not available) or is defined and not showing the path to both vscsi's when ruining lspath command. I am new to AIX admin, work alone, and work in an small environment. My question is,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
12 Replies

7. AIX

How can I map hdisk# to rhdisk#?

Some storage/disks have been added to an existing AIX 6.1 server. The admin sent me the list of hdisk#'s for the new disks, but I need the corresponding rhdisk# for the same hdisk. (I know from past experience that the rhdisk that maps to an hdisk is not always the same number. For instance,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrower
5 Replies

8. AIX

Devices.vscsi.disk ?

Hello, When I assigned CDROM from IVM (VIOS) to LPAR and then running cfgmgr i get the following message on the client lpar #cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.vscsi.disk searching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies

10. AIX

Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0

Hi, We had a hardware problem with an IBM System p5 server, with AIX 5.2 We restore from a tape the last backup we had, but the server does not boot up as expected. The server try to mount some directories from a storage, but could not comunicate with them, we check the FC and everything is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
12 Replies
NFE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    NFE(4)

NAME
nfe -- NVIDIA nForce MCP Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device nfe Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_nfe_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The nfe driver supports PCI Ethernet adapters based on the NVIDIA nForce Media and Communications Processors (MCP), such as the nForce, nForce 2, nForce 3, CK804, MCP04, MCP51, MCP55, MCP61, MCP65, MCP67, MCP73, MCP77 and MCP79 Ethernet controller chips. Supported features include (hardware support provided): o Receive/Transmit IP/TCP/UDP checksum offload o Hardware VLAN tag insertion/stripping o TCP segmentation offload (TSO) o MSI/MSI-X o Jumbo Frames Support for Jumbo Frames is provided via the interface MTU setting. Selecting an MTU larger than 1500 bytes with the ifconfig(8) utility configures the adapter to receive and transmit Jumbo Frames. The nfe driver supports the following media types: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media type and options. 10baseT/UTP Set 10Mbps operation. 100baseTX Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. 1000baseT Set 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) operation (recent models only). The nfe driver supports the following media options: half-duplex Force half duplex operation. full-duplex Force full duplex operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The nfe driver supports the following NVIDIA MCP onboard adapters: o NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce MCP04 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP12 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP13 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce MCP51 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce MCP55 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce MCP61 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce MCP65 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce MCP67 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce MCP73 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce MCP77 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce MCP79 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce2 MCP2 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce2 400 MCP4 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce2 400 MCP5 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce3 MCP3 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce3 250 MCP6 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce3 MCP7 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce4 CK804 MCP8 Networking Adapter o NVIDIA nForce4 CK804 MCP9 Networking Adapter LOADER TUNABLES
Tunables can be set at the loader(8) prompt before booting the kernel or stored in loader.conf(5). hw.nfe.msi_disable Whether or not MSI support is enabled in the driver. The default value is 0. hw.nfe.msix_disable Whether or not MSI-X support is enabled in the driver. The default value is 0. SYSCTL VARIABLES
The following sysctl(8) variables can be used to modify or monitor nfe behavior. dev.nfe.%d.process_limit Maximum number of Rx events to be processed in the event loop before rescheduling a taskqueue. The accepted range is 50 to 255, the default value is 192. The interface does not need to be brought down and up again before a change takes effect. SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), intro(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), pci(4), polling(4), rgephy(4), sysctl(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The nfe device driver first appeared in OpenBSD 3.9, and then in FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
The nfe driver was written by Jonathan Gray <jsg@openbsd.org> and Damien Bergamini <damien@openbsd.org>. The nfe driver was ported to FreeBSD by Shigeaki Tagashira <shigeaki@se.hiroshima-u.ac.jp>. BSD
January 15, 2011 BSD