Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX hdisk mapping to a vSCSi Adapter Post 302578270 by torsten163 on Thursday 1st of December 2011 08:03:44 AM
Old 12-01-2011
hdisk mapping to a vSCSi Adapter

Hello,
I have a VIOS System and would like to do mapping some hdisks, hdisk160 until hdisk165 to a vSCSi Adapter. I try to do this in the oem_setup_env like the following:
Code:
for i in $(lspv | grep hdisk* | awk {'print $1'};
do
   mkdev -V $i -p vhost20
done

There where a mapping with hdisk16 but this is totally wrong. Can anybody give me some inspiration to realize this? Many thanks!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, please - check your PMs.

Last edited by zaxxon; 12-01-2011 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: code tags, see PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

vpath to an hdisk

Is there a simply way for me to map a vpath to an hdisk on AIX 5.2? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
5 Replies

2. AIX

Migrating hdisks from vscsi to NPIV with powerpath

Hi All, I'm preparing to migrate some servers from vscsi to pass-thru NPIV. I am planning to have the SAN team move the exact LUNs from vio1/vio2 to those two VWWN through NPIV. My question is on the partition itself.. right now, let's say I have hdisk0/1/2/3/4 that are part of datavg. They... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapfrank
2 Replies

3. AIX

Vscsi and npiv on same adapter

Hi, I want to change from vscsi to npiv. Is it possible to use both on the same adapter, so we can change the systems one by one, or must we place a second FC adapter in the VIO servers? Thanks, Ronald (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldm60
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating unique mapping from multiple mapping

Hello, I do not know if this is the right title to use. I have a large dictionary database which has the following structure: where a b c d e are in English and p q r s t are in a target language., the two separated by the delimiter =. What I am looking for is a perl script which will take... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

5. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to put vscsi in available state?

Hello Friends, My question/problem is that I noticed 2 servers in my environment vscsi is showing up as defined (not available) or is defined and not showing the path to both vscsi's when ruining lspath command. I am new to AIX admin, work alone, and work in an small environment. My question is,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
12 Replies

7. AIX

How can I map hdisk# to rhdisk#?

Some storage/disks have been added to an existing AIX 6.1 server. The admin sent me the list of hdisk#'s for the new disks, but I need the corresponding rhdisk# for the same hdisk. (I know from past experience that the rhdisk that maps to an hdisk is not always the same number. For instance,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrower
5 Replies

8. AIX

Devices.vscsi.disk ?

Hello, When I assigned CDROM from IVM (VIOS) to LPAR and then running cfgmgr i get the following message on the client lpar #cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.vscsi.disk searching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies

10. AIX

Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0

Hi, We had a hardware problem with an IBM System p5 server, with AIX 5.2 We restore from a tape the last backup we had, but the server does not boot up as expected. The server try to mount some directories from a storage, but could not comunicate with them, we check the FC and everything is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
12 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)