Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Upgrade AIX without HMC
Operating Systems AIX Upgrade AIX without HMC Post 302578240 by gito on Thursday 1st of December 2011 07:14:13 AM
Old 12-01-2011
I am just couriers you have just one lpar in whole box
or there are multiple lpars on the frame and you just do not have HMC access ?

Zaxon is having right there iHMC not required the upgrade, but in case of problems you need to have some direct
access to lpars terminal.
Without it you can not start any tasks on that server,
even simple reboot is a risk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX HMC LSCOD with space

I am trying to run the lscod command against an HMC that has managed system names with spaces. Tried enclosing the managed system names in quotes; single and double. How do I get the command to run? ssh hmcname lscod -m 'managed system 1' -t cap -r proc -c cuod Thanks, ~Donavon (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: djlerman
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX and HMC installation issue

I started the AIX install with a fiber channel disk, and let it run: restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp. . . . . . << End of copyright notice for perfagent.tools >>. . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gideon1a
2 Replies

4. AIX

HMC Upgrade Question

I have an HMC that I'm looking to upgrade from V7.3.4.0 SP2 to the latest version V7.7.6.0. I'm looking at the firmware levels of the systems attached to this HMC, and all of the systems have compatible firmware revisions but there are two that have been update recently and the platform IPL level... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
10 Replies

5. AIX

Install AIX lpar via hmc, can't access cd drive

Hi , I would like to access the cd drive of , i have power series server , and have lpars . I try to install AIX in an lpar via HMC, but it can't access the cd drive. how i can make installtion or make the the cd drive accessible in hmc or in power series server? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
2 Replies

6. AIX

Install AIX , do i need hmc console

Hi, For installing aix on power series , do i need to install hmc first? or i can connect hmc after? Rgs, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
7 Replies

7. AIX

View IP of HMC from AIX

Trying to get the IP address of the HMC connected to some servers running AIX 6 and 7. I thought this would be as easy as running 'lsrsrc IBM.MCP IPAddresses', but when I run that command, the resource is empty. Is there some where else I should be looking, or is there a reason why this resource... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
5 Replies

8. AIX

HMC Upgrade

Hi Experts So we have two data center .I upgraded the HMC in one datacenter, very easy no problem, but in the second datacenter we have dual HMC connection. I am looking at the document from the ibm documentation. I found something that I am not comfortable following. which is this : Physically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX: DLPAR VFC - HMC v9

Hey All, I have running dual VIOS on a P9 systems, and just created a new LPAR profile. My objective is to create LPAR Client VFC adapters, and then DLPAR VFC Server adapters on the VIOS. In the HMC v9 Enhanced GUI, I have DLPAR a VFC adapter to both VIOS, however, you can't specify the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
1 Replies

10. AIX

IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error

hello P6 was managed by HMC, tried to install on it VIOS 2.2.6 and got this error message Hosting requires a hosting partition -- boot not permitted vios-4 - imgbb.com then after creating an lpar in HMC got this message B2001230 vios-3 - imgbb.com anyone know how to solve this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)