Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Upgrade AIX without HMC
Operating Systems AIX Upgrade AIX without HMC Post 302578226 by Zio Bill on Thursday 1st of December 2011 06:53:24 AM
Old 12-01-2011
thanks Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX HMC LSCOD with space

I am trying to run the lscod command against an HMC that has managed system names with spaces. Tried enclosing the managed system names in quotes; single and double. How do I get the command to run? ssh hmcname lscod -m 'managed system 1' -t cap -r proc -c cuod Thanks, ~Donavon (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: djlerman
0 Replies

2. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX and HMC installation issue

I started the AIX install with a fiber channel disk, and let it run: restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp. . . . . . << End of copyright notice for perfagent.tools >>. . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gideon1a
2 Replies

4. AIX

HMC Upgrade Question

I have an HMC that I'm looking to upgrade from V7.3.4.0 SP2 to the latest version V7.7.6.0. I'm looking at the firmware levels of the systems attached to this HMC, and all of the systems have compatible firmware revisions but there are two that have been update recently and the platform IPL level... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
10 Replies

5. AIX

Install AIX lpar via hmc, can't access cd drive

Hi , I would like to access the cd drive of , i have power series server , and have lpars . I try to install AIX in an lpar via HMC, but it can't access the cd drive. how i can make installtion or make the the cd drive accessible in hmc or in power series server? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
2 Replies

6. AIX

Install AIX , do i need hmc console

Hi, For installing aix on power series , do i need to install hmc first? or i can connect hmc after? Rgs, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
7 Replies

7. AIX

View IP of HMC from AIX

Trying to get the IP address of the HMC connected to some servers running AIX 6 and 7. I thought this would be as easy as running 'lsrsrc IBM.MCP IPAddresses', but when I run that command, the resource is empty. Is there some where else I should be looking, or is there a reason why this resource... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
5 Replies

8. AIX

HMC Upgrade

Hi Experts So we have two data center .I upgraded the HMC in one datacenter, very easy no problem, but in the second datacenter we have dual HMC connection. I am looking at the document from the ibm documentation. I found something that I am not comfortable following. which is this : Physically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX: DLPAR VFC - HMC v9

Hey All, I have running dual VIOS on a P9 systems, and just created a new LPAR profile. My objective is to create LPAR Client VFC adapters, and then DLPAR VFC Server adapters on the VIOS. In the HMC v9 Enhanced GUI, I have DLPAR a VFC adapter to both VIOS, however, you can't specify the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixkidbee
1 Replies

10. AIX

IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error

hello P6 was managed by HMC, tried to install on it VIOS 2.2.6 and got this error message Hosting requires a hosting partition -- boot not permitted vios-4 - imgbb.com then after creating an lpar in HMC got this message B2001230 vios-3 - imgbb.com anyone know how to solve this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux						 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)

NAME
upgrade-system - Command for upgrading and sanitizing a Debian system SYNOPSIS
upgrade-system DESCRIPTION
upgrade-system is an APT front-end that simplifies regular upgrading of Debian systems, only requiring an administrator's intervention whenever updated packages necessitate the configuration of new features. USAGE
upgrade-system is run from the command line shell by the administrator. It performs the following actions: o Resynchronize the list of available packages. o Upgrade all packages to their newest version. o Remove all obsolete package dependencies. o Clean retrieved archives off the APT cache. ENVIRONMENT
Setting the FLAUSCH environment variable enables useful advanced system sanitization features. See upgrade-system.conf(5) for more details. FILES
/etc/upgrade-system.conf AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 Martin Zdrahal <martin.zdrahal@konflux.at> Copyright (C) 2004,2012 Christoph Schindler <hop@30hopsmax.at> Copyright (C) 2004-2012 Martin-Eric Racine <martin-eric.racine@iki.fi> LICENSE
GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. SEE ALSO
apt(8), upgrade-system.conf(5). http://q-funk.iki.fi 2004-02-16 UPGRADE-SYSTEM(8)