Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace blank line number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace blank line number Post 302578179 by balajesuri on Thursday 1st of December 2011 03:57:33 AM
Old 12-01-2011
Code:
perl -ne 's/^\n/302::\|NULL\n/; print $_' inputfile

Sorry, the above code snippet would not work as per requirement. My mistake.. Didn't read it thoroughly.

Last edited by balajesuri; 12-01-2011 at 05:12 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the blank line number of a file?

I want to get the blank line number of a file. example: 9000|9000|WW|1|1|SL|472|472|LC|2272|1072|MTY|niceDay 9000|9000|WW|1|1|SL|470|470|MC|1270|1172|MPVT|nice 9000|9000|WW|1|1|SL|472|472|LC|1072|1672|MBD|Sonice 9000|9000|WW|1|1|SL|473|473|LF|1173|1173|MTY|nice666 I want to get... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a line in file with blank line

Hi I nned cmd to which will help me to replace a line in file with blank line e.g. file1 a b c d e after running cmd I shud get file1 b c d e (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace two blank line with a single blank line

Hi Guys, I have a file in which each set of records are separated by two blank line. I want to replace it with a single blank line. Can you guys help me out? Regards, Magesh (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to replace a pattern with a blank line

Need help to replace the line beginning with tcp_sendspace with a blank line. # cat if en0: flags=1e080863,480<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST,GROUPRT,64BIT,CHECKSUM_OFFLOAD(ACTIVE),CHAIN> inet 10.27.53.21 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.207.52.255 inet... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace line starting with not a number

Dear users, I have a file like this: geometry,geometry_vertex_count,Id,strnum,platecode,datatype,dtnum,refnum,appearance,disappeara,color,geogdesc,datatype_ft_style,import_notes "<LineString><coordinates>-130.6539,51.5103,0 -130.7708,51.6287,0 -130.8356,51.6832,0 -130.9211,51.7772,0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace first number of each line in a file with another number

Hi, I have a set of files in a directory that I have to read and replace the first occurrence of a number with another dummy number. This is what I have so far but it does not seem to work. The files have lot of other data in each row and each data element is separated by ,@, for file in... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpioraghu
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a file, replace blank line by the last line not blank above

Dear All, In a CSV file, say that a given column has been extracted. In that column, information is missing (i.e. blank lines appear). I would like to replace the blank lines by the last valid line (not blank) previously read. For example, consider the extract below: 123 234 543 111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagvian
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)