Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Allow multiple users to run several root commands Post 302578117 by hedkandi on Wednesday 30th of November 2011 10:39:45 PM
Old 11-30-2011
Hi sagios

Thank you for the correction

I made the changes above but when i logged on as test user I am still not able to edit the sudoers file, I am getting permission denied & command not found error:

Code:
my-mnag0:~$ cd /etc
my-mnag0:/etc$ visudo
-sh: visudo: command not found
my-mnag0:/etc$ vi sudoers

---------- Post updated at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:36 PM ----------

and when a normal user attempted to "sudo su -" to become root it fails because of this parse error in sudoers file

Code:
my9849
my9849@my-mnag0:~> sudo su -
>>> sudoers file: syntax error, line 17 <<<
sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line 17

my-mnag0:~ # visudo
Warning: undeclared Cmnd_Alias `SUDO' referenced near line 39

# sudoers file.
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the sudoers man page for the details on how to write a sudoers file.
#

# Host alias specification

Host_Alias    LAN = my-mnag.os.itelligence.com.my

# User alias specification

User_Alias    GHELPDESK = test

# Cmnd alias specification

Cmnd_Alias    SUDO = visudo

# Defaults specification

Defaults    log_year, logfile=/var/log/sudo.log

# prevent environment variables from influencing programs in an
# unexpected or harmful way (CVE-2005-2959, CVE-2005-4158,
# CVE-2006-0151)
Defaults always_set_home
Defaults env_reset

# In the default (unconfigured) configuration, sudo asks for the root password.
# This allows use of an ordinary user account for administration of a freshly
# installed system. When configuring sudo, delete the two
# following lines:
#Defaults targetpw    # ask for the password of the target user i.e. root
#ALL ALL=(ALL) ALL # WARNING! Only use this together with 'Defaults targetpw'!

# Runas alias specification

GHELPDESK     LAN = SUDO

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
%wheel  ALL=(ALL)       ALL
%infra ALL=(ALL)        ALL

# Same thing without a password
# %wheel        ALL=(ALL)       NOPASSWD: ALL

# Samples
# %users  ALL=/sbin/mount /cdrom,/sbin/umount /cdrom
# %users  localhost=/sbin/shutdown -h now

so i had to login as root and revert all changes, would it work if i defined at the end of the sudoers file with specific commands for multiple users?

Last edited by hedkandi; 11-30-2011 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: forgot to close code syntax

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How a normal user run a script including root privileaged commands

Dear all Ihave written a script in Hpux9.0, the ecript is working fine if I run it from root command prompt But when I am running it thru /etc/profile or /user/.profile and login as a normal user, the owner of the process running the script is the normal user & hence cant run a root privileaged... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: initin
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Giving access to non root users to run application

Hi All, I have created an RPM installer and installed it via ROOT user & which works fine on Red Hat. But the problem oocurs when a non root users try to run that application (from their account), it never got executed (being it has the execute permission i.e. chmod a+x somefile.sh). I want... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

audit user commands of different users under root account

Hi, I would like to know if there is anyway that I can pinpoint the user before/after he connects to the root? Also, I'm trying to find out what are the commands he inputs under root access. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointgetter0
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Restricting multiple users to run only sftp server

Hello, can someone please provide steps, can I restrict a multiple users to only access only sftp on a server, to perform upload and download of files on their home directories. 1. I have updated their login shell as /sbin/nologin. anything else do I need to update. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run multiple commands

Hi All, Is it possible to run second/multiple commands at a time in script before the completion/return of first command? Pls reply. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cns1710
5 Replies

7. AIX

track commands run as root after sudo

I'm looking for a way to track commands that are run as root after a user runs sudo su - root. I have a profile set up for root that will track the commands by userid but if we change the shell it only stores it in that shells history file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands as root user

Hello I have a script which is working fine so far to generate HTML file. Now i am wondering how do i include a syntax where it can change itself to root user and execute a specific commands as root user. Please help, Thanks in advance. -Siddhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

9. AIX

List of AIX commands that can be run by ROOT user ONLY

Hello, I am testing sudo and I want to test it. Can anyone please let me know few commands (of course other than shutdown, reboot etc. as I can't reboot the box) on AIX that can be run by ROOT only. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 PM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple commands in ssh

Hi All, I have the below requirement. I want to copy the local file to remote after that i need to run the local script on a remote machine.When i use two ssh commnds i can achieve this. But i want to achieve this using one ssh command. Below command to copy the local file to remote ssh -q... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
2 Replies
SSSD-SUDO(5)						   File Formats and Conventions 					      SSSD-SUDO(5)

NAME
sssd-sudo - Configuring sudo with the SSSD back end DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes how to configure sudo(8) to work with sssd(8) and how SSSD caches sudo rules. CONFIGURING SUDO TO COOPERATE WITH SSSD
To enable SSSD as a source for sudo rules, add sss to the sudoers entry in nsswitch.conf(5). For example, to configure sudo to first lookup rules in the standard sudoers(5) file (which should contain rules that apply to local users) and then in SSSD, the nsswitch.conf file should contain the following line: sudoers: files sss More information about configuring the sudoers search order from the nsswitch.conf file as well as information about the LDAP schema that is used to store sudo rules in the directory can be found in sudoers.ldap(5). Note: in order to use netgroups or IPA hostgroups in sudo rules, you also need to correctly set nisdomainname(1) to your NIS domain name (which equals to IPA domain name when using hostgroups). CONFIGURING SSSD TO FETCH SUDO RULES
All configuration that is needed on SSSD side is to extend the list of services with "sudo" in [sssd] section of sssd.conf(5). To speed up the LDAP lookups, you can also set search base for sudo rules using ldap_sudo_search_base option. The following example shows how to configure SSSD to download sudo rules from an LDAP server. [sssd] config_file_version = 2 services = nss, pam, sudo domains = EXAMPLE [domain/EXAMPLE] id_provider = ldap sudo_provider = ldap ldap_uri = ldap://example.com ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=example,dc=com When the SSSD is configured to use IPA as the ID provider, the sudo provider is automatically enabled. The sudo search base is configured to use the compat tree (ou=sudoers,$DC). THE SUDO RULE CACHING MECHANISM
The biggest challenge, when developing sudo support in SSSD, was to ensure that running sudo with SSSD as the data source provides the same user experience and is as fast as sudo but keeps providing the most current set of rules as possible. To satisfy these requirements, SSSD uses three kinds of updates. They are referred to as full refresh, smart refresh and rules refresh. The smart refresh periodically downloads rules that are new or were modified after the last update. Its primary goal is to keep the database growing by fetching only small increments that do not generate large amounts of network traffic. The full refresh simply deletes all sudo rules stored in the cache and replaces them with all rules that are stored on the server. This is used to keep the cache consistent by removing every rule which was deleted from the server. However, full refresh may produce a lot of traffic and thus it should be run only occasionally depending on the size and stability of the sudo rules. The rules refresh ensures that we do not grant the user more permission than defined. It is triggered each time the user runs sudo. Rules refresh will find all rules that apply to this user, check their expiration time and redownload them if expired. In the case that any of these rules are missing on the server, the SSSD will do an out of band full refresh because more rules (that apply to other users) may have been deleted. If enabled, SSSD will store only rules that can be applied to this machine. This means rules that contain one of the following values in sudoHost attribute: o keyword ALL o wildcard o netgroup (in the form "+netgroup") o hostname or fully qualified domain name of this machine o one of the IP addresses of this machine o one of the IP addresses of the network (in the form "address/mask") There are many configuration options that can be used to adjust the behavior. Please refer to "ldap_sudo_*" in sssd-ldap(5) and "sudo_*" in sssd.conf(5). SEE ALSO
sssd(8), sssd.conf(5), sssd-ldap(5), sssd-krb5(5), sssd-simple(5), sssd-ipa(5), sssd-ad(5), sssd-sudo(5),sss_cache(8), sss_debuglevel(8), sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8), sss_obfuscate(8), sss_seed(8), sssd_krb5_locator_plugin(8), sss_ssh_authorizedkeys(8), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(8),pam_sss(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
06/17/2014 SSSD-SUDO(5)