Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh interrupt read instruction with signal Post 302577907 by bzk on Wednesday 30th of November 2011 08:27:03 AM
Old 11-30-2011
@dude2coo, thanks for the quick response.

After adding "0", nothing changed. Script still waits for user input after receiving USR1.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt signal Control C takes too long to terminate a process

I have a process to terminate, and when keying Control C/ kill -int , it takes 15 minutes to half an hour to terminate the process. I've tried using kill -2, or keying control c twice, however the process seem to be killed abruptly, without writing into the log file. So the only way in order to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqui
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh read timeout

any idea on how to timeout the read statement for ksh? for bash u can use read -t option -t timeout Cause read to time out and return failure if a complete line of input is not read within timeout seconds. This option has ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

is there any way to read a line twice in KSH

Hi All, Is there any way to read the previous line in file reading ? or is there any way to read a line twice in KSH ? thanks in advance !! Srini (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srini75
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read from console in ksh

I am stuck with a problem while reading data from a file.. while do read line #do some operations and if some condition is satisfied, ask the user to enter his choice. # using the choice continue operations. done < fileBeingRead.txt The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarns
4 Replies

5. Programming

how to discard instruction from previous signal

hello everyone, I'm having a problem doing signal handling so I post this thread to see if I could get help. I want asynchronous signal handling, that means when I'm processing a signal (signal 1), if the same signal comes (signal 2) that signal (signal 2) shall be processed; and moreover,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvhoang
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple way to read an array in ksh

hi, I'm a newbie to shell scripting. I wanted to initialise an array using basic for loop and read it. Then i want to print it as a .CSV file.. Any help would me much appreciated.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source

I receive the following warning messages on a very new machine which has FreeBSD 8.1 x64 installed on it: Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source It is unclear what this means and what its origins are (motherboard? CPU? RAM?). I can start the desktop and the message is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number?

Hi, all: Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number in the system? li,kunlun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh while read issue

Hello, I have used a chunk of ksh script similar to this in many places without any issue: while : do print; read OPTION?"Enter a number (q to quit): " expr ${OPTION} + 1 >/dev/null 2>&1 CHECKVAL=$? if }" != ${OPTION} ]; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Signal trapped during read resumes sleeping

Greetings. This is my first post in this forum; I hope y'all find it useful. One caveat: "Concise" is my middle name. NOT! :D I am almost done with a shell script that runs as a daemon. It monitors a message log that is frequently written to by a database server but it it works my client will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakesalomon
2 Replies
SHCOMP(1)						    User Environment Utilities							 SHCOMP(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a ksh93 shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [ options ] [infile] [outfile]] ORIGIN OF THIS MAN PAGE
This man page was written by Christophe Martin <Schplurtz@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It is based on "shcomp --man" output. DESCRIPTION
Unless -D is specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh93 can read and execute with the same effect as the original script. Since aliases are processed as the script is read, alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. If -D is specified, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internationalization. If outfile is omitted, then the results will be written to standard output. If infile is also omitted, the shell script will be read from standard input. OPTIONS
-D, --dictionary Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. -n, --noexec Displays warning messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. -v, --verbose Displays input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. --man Displays this man page on standard error and exits. --help Shows a short help message and exits. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. DEBIAN WARNING
On a Debian GNU/Linux system, more than one package may provide ksh. the output of shcomp can only be used by ksh93. Any other ksh will be unable to run the compiled script. EXAMPLE
( echo '#! /bin/ksh93' ; shcomp myscript ) > myscript.bin && chmod 755 myscript.bin ./myscript.bin SEE ALSO
ksh(1) IMPLEMENTATION
version shcomp (AT&T Labs Research) 2003-03-02 author David Korn <dgk@research.att.com> copyright Copyright (c) 1982-2005 AT&T Corp. license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl1.0.txt KSH93 Fri Jun 3 2005 SHCOMP(1)