Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: renaming numbered files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting renaming numbered files Post 302577682 by bartus11 on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 03:07:56 PM
Old 11-29-2011
Try:
Code:
for i in image_*; do mv $i `echo $i | perl -ne '/(image_N)(\d+)(.*)/;printf("%s%03d%s",$1,$2,$3)'`; done

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming Files

Renaming Files more than 1000 in Diffrent Directories in system.. help me in this issue to resolve.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsap
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing even numbered files

Hi All, Could you please help in this case? Case: there's a directory 'CKMDB' in this directory, there are 30 files named in this manner 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt .... 30.txt Could you please guide me how to list only even numbered files like 2.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsam
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with generating m3u files in numbered directories

Hello: First, I have no idea what to search for on this task, so I'll just spell it out. I have the Bible in Audio format and each book is in a directory of it's own. 01 to 66 accordingly. I need a script to walk through each of them and ls *.mp3 > directory|book.m3u without the preceding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files or adding a name in the beginning of all files in a folder

Hi All I have a folder that contains hundreds of file with a names 3.msa 4.msa 21.msa 6.msa 345.msa 456.msa 98.msa ... ... ... I need rename each of this file by adding "core_" in the begiining of each file such as core_3.msa core_4.msa core_21.msa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

join files with numbered index

Hi all I´m a newbie so maybe this question will make someone mad. I am trying this command; join -a1 -11 file1 file2 > file3 file1 looks like: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 file2: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awe1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename numbered files to numbered files with leading zeroes

Hi, I have some hundreds/thousands of files named logX.dat, where X can be any integer, and they are sequential, X ranges between 1 and any number: log1.dat log2.dat log3.dat log6.dat log10.dat ... log6000.dat I would like to rename them to scatter_params_0001.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract data from numbered files using linux in the numerical order-

Hi experts, I have a list of files containing forces as the only number as follows. Force1.txt Force2.txt Force3.txt Force4.txt Force5.txt . . . . . . . . . Force100.txt I want to put all the data(only a number ) in these forces files in the file with the same order like 1,2,3 ..100 .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming multiple files in sftp server in a get files script

Hi, In sftp script to get files, I have to rename all the files which I am picking. Rename command does not work here. Is there any way to do this? I am using #!/bin/ksh For eg: sftp user@host <<EOF cd /path get *.txt rename *.txt *.txt.done ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting - Select multiple files from numbered list

I am trying to have the user select two files from a numbered list which will eventually be turned into a variable then combined. This is probably something simple and stupid that I am doing. clear echo "Please Select the Show interface status file" select FILE1 in *; echo "Please Select the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
3 Replies
JPEGICC(1)						      General Commands Manual							JPEGICC(1)

NAME
jpegicc - little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. SYNOPSIS
jpegicc [options] input.jpg output.jpg DESCRIPTION
lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management. It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. jpegicc is little cms ICC profile applier for JPEG. OPTIONS
-b Black point compensation. -c <0,1,2,3> Precalculates transform. (0=Off, 1=Normal, 2=Hi-res, 3=LoRes) [defaults to 1] -g Marks out-of-gamut colors on softproof. -h <0,1,2> Show summary of options and examples. -i profile Input profile (defaults to sRGB). -m <0,1,2,3> SoftProof intent. -n Ignore embedded profile. -p profile Soft proof profile -o profile Output profile (defaults to sRGB). -q <0..100> Output JPEG quality. -t <0,1,2,3> Intent (0=Perceptual, 1=Colorimetric, 2=Saturation, 3=Absolute). -v Verbose. EXAMPLES
To color correct from scanner to sRGB: jpegicc -iscanner.icm in.jpg out.jpg To convert from monitor1 to monitor2: jpegicc -imon1.icm -omon2.icm in.jpg out.jpg To make a CMYK separation: jpegicc -oprinter.icm inrgb.jpg outcmyk.jpg To recover sRGB from a CMYK separation: jpegicc -iprinter.icm incmyk.jpg outrgb.jpg To convert from CIELab ITU/Fax JPEG to sRGB jpegicc -iitufax.icm in.jpg out.jpg NOTES
For suggestions, comments, bug reports etc. send mail to info@littlecms.com. SEE ALSO
tifficc(1), tiffdiff(1), icc2ps(1), icclink(1), icctrans(1), wtpt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p@gmail.com>, for the Debian project. September 30, 2004 JPEGICC(1)