Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Red Hat 5.5 live backup/restore Post 302577500 by strooma on Tuesday 29th of November 2011 07:41:16 AM
Old 11-29-2011
Red Hat 5.5 live backup/restore

Hello,

I'm trying to take a live backup of a red hat 5.5 64 bit server (with LVM).
Afterwards I want to restore this backup on an empty server, so basicly I want to dublicate the server.
But when I boot the server after the restore, I get stuck at "GRUB _" and changing the menu.lst-file doesn't appear to work

I found the method I used, described here: "http://www.backupcentral.com/wiki/index.php/Linux_%26_Windows_Bare_Metal_Recovery"
But as they mention somewhere on the website, it is apparently only for servers without LVM, which is probably the reason why it doesn't work... or isn't it?

Can anyone help me with this? And otherwise propose me another solution?

Thank you,

Matthias

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Red Hat AS 2.1 Backup O/S

Hello, I have a Red Hat As 2.1 server and need to make a backup of the entire system, something similar to AIX's mksysb or HP-UX's Ignite, in case configuration changes that need to be made fail. Is this possible with RH AS 2.1? If so, how would this be accomplished? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zuessh
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

backup/restore vir machine manager in red hat

Hi, I use virtual machine manager in red hat linux 5.4 . I create the guest host in the virtual machine manager... How can I backup and restore the guest host ?? Any detailed procedure ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Setting Up live FTP Server with Static IP in Red-Hat Linux 6

Hi Guys, I want to some guidance from you in setting up the Live FTP server in Redhat Linux 6 with Static IP 120.50.150.50. Now should I set my Static Public IP directly to my Linux machine? If so what whould be my sunbet mask? Is any type of natting required here? if so where would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Backup of Red Hat Linux 5.9 Tikanga based server through Acronis 11.5

Hii, We are running a server with Red Hat Linux 5.9 tikanga version. We have scheduled the online image backup of the server through Acronis 11.5, the CPU utilization of the server is increasing upto 100%. and after sometime the server is going down. Can anyone help on the same?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek Kr Porwal
2 Replies
VCONSOLE.CONF(5)                                                   vconsole.conf                                                  VCONSOLE.CONF(5)

NAME
vconsole.conf - configuration file for the virtual console SYNOPSIS
/etc/vconsole.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/vconsole.conf file configures the virtual console, i.e. keyboard mapping and console font. The basic file format of the vconsole.conf is a newline-separated list environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. Note that the kernel command line options vconsole.keymap=, vconsole.keymap.toggle=, vconsole.font=, vconsole.font.map=, vconsole.font.unimap= may be used to override the console settings at boot. Depending on the operating system other configuration files might be checked for configuration of the virtual console as well, however only as fallback. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: KEYMAP=, KEYMAP_TOGGLE= Configures the key mapping table of for they keyboard. KEYMAP= defaults to us if not set. The KEYMAP_TOGGLE= can be used to configured a second toggle keymap and is by default unset. FONT=, FONT_MAP=, FONT_UNIMAP= Configures the console font, the console map and the unicode font map. FONT= defaults to latarcyrheb-sun16. EXAMPLE
Example 1. German keyboard and console /etc/vconsole.conf: KEYMAP=de-latin1 FONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 SEE ALSO
systemd(1), loadkeys(1), setfont(8), locale.conf(5) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer systemd 10/07/2013 VCONSOLE.CONF(5)