Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Substr - find and replace question... Post 302577288 by ygemici on Monday 28th of November 2011 03:13:43 PM
Old 11-28-2011
try like this
Code:
Mask_Rec_Type="6"
Mask_Mem_Name="ACCOUNT HOLDER "
Mask_Mem_Id="000000000000000"

awk '{
if(substr($1,6,6)=='$Mask_Rec_Type'){
sub(substr($0,40,15),"'$Mask_Mem_Id'",$0);
sub(substr($0,55,25),"'"$Mask_Mem_Name"'",$0);
print}
else print}' $File1 >$outfile1

regards
ygemici

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

small question regarding substr()

Hello.. I am doing some awk-ing and among all I use substr inside it.. I have: ....substr($0,60,37) meaning as U all know take from 37 char. from point 60.. can I put it like this substr($0,60,end of line) meaning take it from point 60 and take all characketrs in that line until line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find/replace

Greetings all. I have web site that has long option and switch lists. When I insert something new into these files, the lists need to be reordered. IE: 1 => apple 2 => pear 3 => bannana 4 => orange --------------------- Add grape as #2 1 => apple 2 => grape 3 => pear 4 =>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help to do conditional find and replace

Hi, I have a Line input for awk as follows DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW MCR.COMM_STACK; CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW "MCR"."COMM_STACK" ON PREBUILT TABLE WITHOUT REDUCED PRECISION USING INDEX REFRESH FAST ON DEMAND START WITH sysdate+0 NEXT SYSDATE + 7 WITH PRIMARY KEY USING DEFAULT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple find and replace with AWK

I am trying to write a find and replace script with AWK and I can't seem to get it to work. I need it to find this exact string *P*: and replace the P with a T or just replcare the whole thing with *T*:. this is what I have tried awk 'BEGIN {gsub(/\*P*:/,"\*T*:"); print}' ${INFILE} >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbshrk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk -Find and Replace

All, I have thousands of lines in a file with following format DATA=_ONE_XXX_YYY_CCC_HHHG_ DATA1=_GGG_JJJJ_HHH_UUU_JJJJ_HHHH_LLL_ DATA3=_MMM_GG_NN_QQQQ_FFF_III_ I want to replace _ with . by ignoring the first (=_) and last (_) So that out put should looks like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace in awk

Friends, I have more the thousand lines like this. check.cloud1.port=342 check.cloud2.port=5456 check.cloud3.port-4564 But we need to transfer it to _CHECK.CLOUD1.PORT_=342 _CHECK.CLOUD2.PORT_=5456 _CHECK.CLOUD3.PORT_=4564 Any one could pls help of this. Thanks in Advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find fields and replace using awk

Code: Using ksh Var1=`awk -F";" {print $1}' Input2.txt` cat Input1.txt | awk -F";" '{$3="Var1"}' > Output.txt (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another sed/awk search=>replace question

Hello, Need a little bit of help. Basically I need to replace lines in a file which were calculated wrong as it would 12 hours to regenerate the data. I need to calculate values based on other files which I've managed to figure out with grep/cut but now am stuck on how to shove these new... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77coder
21 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace in awk

I have a file that I am trying to find a specific word, then replace text within that string. file TestA2015 TestB2016 Example. Replace TestB2016 to TestB0000, so if TestB is found replace the original "2016" to "0000". Thank you :). awk tried awk '{ sub(/TestB$/, "0000", $6) }1'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search comppare replace (substr/lppad)

Hi Everyone, I have a data file with data as below which contains millions of data and gets loaded to database using SQL loader using positional notation. AT 0001 000000000100000000000 BE 4 000000000000030000000 DE 0055 000004000000000000000 FR 0 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
8 Replies
bytes(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						bytes(3pm)

NAME
bytes - Perl pragma to force byte semantics rather than character semantics NOTICE
This pragma reflects early attempts to incorporate Unicode into perl and has since been superseded. It breaks encapsulation (i.e. it exposes the innards of how the perl executable currently happens to store a string), and use of this module for anything other than debugging purposes is strongly discouraged. If you feel that the functions here within might be useful for your application, this possibly indicates a mismatch between your mental model of Perl Unicode and the current reality. In that case, you may wish to read some of the perl Unicode documentation: perluniintro, perlunitut, perlunifaq and perlunicode. SYNOPSIS
use bytes; ... chr(...); # or bytes::chr ... index(...); # or bytes::index ... length(...); # or bytes::length ... ord(...); # or bytes::ord ... rindex(...); # or bytes::rindex ... substr(...); # or bytes::substr no bytes; DESCRIPTION
The "use bytes" pragma disables character semantics for the rest of the lexical scope in which it appears. "no bytes" can be used to reverse the effect of "use bytes" within the current lexical scope. Perl normally assumes character semantics in the presence of character data (i.e. data that has come from a source that has been marked as being of a particular character encoding). When "use bytes" is in effect, the encoding is temporarily ignored, and each string is treated as a series of bytes. As an example, when Perl sees "$x = chr(400)", it encodes the character in UTF-8 and stores it in $x. Then it is marked as character data, so, for instance, "length $x" returns 1. However, in the scope of the "bytes" pragma, $x is treated as a series of bytes - the bytes that make up the UTF8 encoding - and "length $x" returns 2: $x = chr(400); print "Length is ", length $x, " "; # "Length is 1" printf "Contents are %vd ", $x; # "Contents are 400" { use bytes; # or "require bytes; bytes::length()" print "Length is ", length $x, " "; # "Length is 2" printf "Contents are %vd ", $x; # "Contents are 198.144" } chr(), ord(), substr(), index() and rindex() behave similarly. For more on the implications and differences between character semantics and byte semantics, see perluniintro and perlunicode. LIMITATIONS
bytes::substr() does not work as an lvalue(). SEE ALSO
perluniintro, perlunicode, utf8 perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 bytes(3pm)