Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sco visionfs vs smb
Operating Systems SCO sco visionfs vs smb Post 302577150 by jgt on Monday 28th of November 2011 09:46:56 AM
Old 11-28-2011
Samba is available. Samba
Visionfs is on the "Optional Services" cd.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VisionFS error

I have a Unix SCO 5.0 connected to the Windows 2000 domain, the administrator was able to access any share folders from the Unix server until I changed the administrator password. When the administrator user tries to connect to the Unix Share a message comes up: Incorrect password or unknown... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzalez109
0 Replies

2. SCO

VISIONFS Print Problems

Hello there, I have a problem with the "visionfs print" command on Sco Open Server. I am able to print to matrix printers, attached to windows workstations, but when I send a file to a laser jet (HP 1020 for example) the printer hangs. If any one of you have any idea why this happen please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaxos
1 Replies

3. SCO

Visionfs & subnet problem

Hi everybody, i'm a french guy (so excuse my english),we've got a SCO server with visionFS installed and i need to access to the file shared on the SCO server from a NT4 Server which is on a different subnet but it doesn't work. I obtain a message like this "impossible to join the server". ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zounours-69
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba - smb files

I found this tutorial "Setting Samba in 10 min". It says there that command "/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start or stop, or /sbin/service/smb restart should do this functions. But this doesn't work for me. Wrong dir. I don't even have "rc.d" dir. Where should I look for this samba files? In samba dir all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing UNIX files through visionFS/samba

Hello, I was wondering, for a windows application accesing UNIX files via VisionFS or SAMBA what would be a preferred way to read and process a large number of records? Up to 50 users could be accessing this file at the same time. 1. for each record - open file, read record, close file ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirilll7
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smb.conf question

Folks; I know this might sounds stupid, but please help with this: I have share in my smb.conf on my SUSE 10 box. How can i make this share accessible to outside IP range or a specific IP address without need for user/pass? Here's the share as it's written in smb.conf: ; ;comment =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
0 Replies

7. SCO

Visionfs configuration problem!

I have re-installed sco unix 7.1.1 box, and Visionfs is installed and configured successful but when i run the "sh /usr/vision/bin/visionfs print --install PRINTERNAME PC-NAME PRINTERNAME" command the system gives me the usage instruction as if i am giving the wrong syntax! any help please! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: titino
1 Replies

8. SCO

Visionfs printing Windows2003 printserver

Hi, Our printserver is migrated from WIN2000 to a WIN2003 R SP2 server. We have a Unix SCO_SV sco1 3.2 5.0.5 i386 printing is via SCO VisionFS 3.10.911. It worked with the old printserver. I have completely no experience with visionfs. What we did : - created a new printer pr 89 on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haezeban
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Terrible SMB performance!?

Hi, I tried this question on OTN Discussion Forum, but it seems that forum doesn't have as much activity so I thought I'd try here. I have a big performance problem with Samba server on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11 svn_151a, and a freshly created ZFS pool. I'm getting about 3 to 10 MB/s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doublemeat
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 - smb with AD

Hello I used the following procedure in S11.1, everything worked. As we reinstalled some servers, i tried the exact same with s11.2. Now i can't join my AD domain, and smb will not allow my users to access files. Procedure: Configured NTP Configured DNS Configured Name Service Switch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: embedded
3 Replies
SMBGET(1)							   User Commands							 SMBGET(1)

NAME
smbget - wget-like utility for download files over SMB SYNOPSIS
smbget [-a, --guest] [-r, --resume] [-R, --recursive] [-u, --username=STRING] [-p, --password=STRING] [-w, --workgroup=STRING] [-n, --nonprompt] [-d, --debuglevel=INT] [-D, --dots] [-P, --keep-permissions] [-o, --outputfile] [-f, --rcfile] [-q, --quiet] [-v, --verbose] [-b, --blocksize] [-O, --stdout] [-?, --help] [--usage] {smb://host/share/path/to/file} [smb://url2/] [...] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbget is a simple utility with wget-like semantics, that can download files from SMB servers. You can specify the files you would like to download on the command-line. The files should be in the smb-URL standard, e.g. use smb://host/share/file for the UNC path \\HOST\SHARE\file. OPTIONS
-a, --guest Work as user guest -r, --resume Automatically resume aborted files -R, --recursive Recursively download files -u, --username=STRING Username to use -p, --password=STRING Password to use -w, --workgroup=STRING Workgroup to use (optional) -n, --nonprompt Don't ask anything (non-interactive) -d, --debuglevel=INT Debuglevel to use -D, --dots Show dots as progress indication -P, --keep-permissions Set same permissions on local file as are set on remote file. -o, --outputfile Write the file that is being downloaded to the specified file. Can not be used together with -R. -O, --stdout Write the file that is being downloaded to standard output. -f, --rcfile Use specified rcfile. This will be loaded in the order it was specified - e.g. if you specify any options before this one, they might get overriden by the contents of the rcfile. -q, --quiet Be quiet -v, --verbose Be verbose -b, --blocksize Number of bytes to download in a block. Defaults to 64000. -?, --help Show help message --usage Display brief usage message SMB URLS
SMB URL's should be specified in the following format: smb://[[[domain;]user[:password@]]server[/share[/path[/file]]]] smb:// means all the workgroups smb://name/ means, if name is a workgroup, all the servers in this workgroup, or if name is a server, all the shares on this server. EXAMPLES
# Recursively download 'src' directory smbget -R smb://rhonwyn/jelmer/src # Download FreeBSD ISO and enable resuming smbget -r smb://rhonwyn/isos/FreeBSD5.1.iso # Recursively download all ISOs smbget -Rr smb://rhonwyn/isos # Backup my data on rhonwyn smbget -Rr smb://rhonwyn/ BUGS
Permission denied is returned in some cases where the cause of the error is unknown (such as an illegally formatted smb:// url or trying to get a directory without -R turned on). VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The smbget manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 SMBGET(1)