Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Newcomer
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Newcomer Post 302577071 by Dominate on Monday 28th of November 2011 06:32:52 AM
Old 11-28-2011
what are the Viruses that hit Linux. can you name few.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Newcomer, I'm new..

Okay, I'm new on the damn forum and I don't know how I'd concentrate more on it. I keep pointing my mouse onto multiplayer games and I want to know how I can direct my mind and my mouse on the Unix topics here at the Unix forum. Where should I start from? Tips forum? Newbie forum? Any sites to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yyz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for a Perl newcomer! Transposing data from columns to rows

I have to create a Perl script which will transpose the data output from my experiment, from columns to rows, in order for me to analyse the data. I am a complete Perl novice so any help would be greatly appreciated. The data as it stands looks like this: Subject Condition Fp1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarah_W
12 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Explain applications files (newcomer)

I just upacked a bz2 file and got the following: Jebs-Mac-mini:OXED jeb$ tar xvjf 0xED.tar.bz2 x 0xED.app/ x 0xED.app/Contents/ x 0xED.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/ x 0xED.app/Contents/Info.plist x 0xED.app/Contents/MacOS/ I assume the "x" means the files and directories were unpacked. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_writer
3 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)