Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding features a test file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding features a test file Post 302576867 by dshcs on Sunday 27th of November 2011 08:03:47 AM
Old 11-27-2011
If you are working with a shell script, try the join command. It takes two sorted input files and outputs an SQL like result that joins selected fields from records with matching keys. Take the first file and "roll up" the three line groups to individual lines. Join the second file to this result. Join has options to output non-matched lines as well as matching lines so you can find the "null" results. The key issue can get a little tricky, so I usually construct a key in front of the lines being joined that is extracted/built from the line content.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX OS Features versus Solaris OS Features

Hi Unix Experts, I like to compile and compare all the features that AIX OS (541L) and Solaris OS (Solaris 10) provide. If somebody can shed on this topic would be highly appreciated. Thank you, Khan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in test file operator on a ufsdump archive file mount nfs

Hi, I would like to ask if someone know how to test a files if exist the file is a nfs mount ufsdump archive file.. i used the test operator -f -a h almost all test operator but i failed file1=ufs_root_image.dump || echo "files doesn't exist && exit 1 the false file1 is working but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hit multiple URL from a text file and store result in other test file

Hi, I have a problem where i have to hit multiple URL that are stored in a text file (input.txt) and save their output in different text file (output.txt) somewhat like : cat input.txt http://192.168.21.20:8080/PPUPS/international?NUmber=917875446856... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies