Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script that lists files with different owner than the folder Post 302576827 by Zwiebi on Saturday 26th of November 2011 04:43:34 PM
Old 11-26-2011
Yes, like this, but my main problem is processing the folderlist in /home, because the script should work in any enviroment, not just with predefined names.

This:
Code:
cd /home
ls -l | awk '{print $3}'

would get a owners list for me, or with
Code:
cd /home
ls -l | awk '{print $8}'

I could get a list of folders (and files, but this is irrelevant in this case), but as I mentioned my problem is how to precess and use that list.

Sorry, that I left this out of my original post. I also forgot to mention, that the search has to go through every file, no matter, how deep it is in the folder tree. This is why I used 'find'.

And before I forget, thank you for the help! :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out 2 last modified files in a folder..PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!

hi all, I need to find out the last 2 modified files in a folder.There is some way by which,we can check the timestamp and find out..??please help this is urgent. Thanks in Advance Anju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW TO CHECK ONLY .C FILES EXISTS OR NOT IN A FOLDER using IF in C shell script?

Hi friends.. I hav a problem.... I dont know how to check .c files exists r not in a folder using IF in C shell script actually i tried like this if(=~ *.c) even though some .c files or there in the current folder..it is not entering int o the if control statement...... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: p.hemadrireddy
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How UNIX admin set up this? how files of 744 of other owner can be removed by another owner?

Hi all, We have some files are under 744 permissions and the the owner is say owner1 and group1. Now we have another user owner2 of group2, owner2 can remove files of the owner1 and the permission of those files are 744, unix admin told us he did some config at his side so we can do that. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGunMan
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Process input files from folder in shell script?

Hi, I want to process all input files available into folder (C:\ShellPrg\InputFile\) Input files are abc.CSV , XYZ.zip (zip of CSV file), PQR.gz (zip of CSV file). I want to check the extension of file, If its .zip/.gz then need to unzip the file as .CSV I want to parse line by line of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unzip files from folder in shell script (ksh)?

I have a folder (C:\shellprg\input\) containing .CSV, .zip, .gz files. 1] I want to find all .zip/.gz files from folder (C:\shellprg\input\). 2] unzip/uncompress files into the same folder (C:\shellprg\input\) through shell script. I am using below commands for unzip files, unzip <filename>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy files from on folder to another

I am trying to copy files with specific date and name to another folder. I am very new to shell scripting so i am finding it hard to do that. see the sample code i have written below. srcdir="/media/ubuntu/CA52057F5205720D/Users/st4r8_000/Desktop/office work/26 nov"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aqeel Abbas
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to get script to create a new file that lists folder content sorted by size?

I have a script that sorts and processes unsorted files to newly created directories. Its working great, but I am trying to understand the leanest method to get the script to create an additional file within each newly created directory that: Contains a list of all files in the directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Braveheart
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute 10 sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script?

I am new to shell scripting and i want to know how to execute the *.sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script and files should be execute in sequentially one by one while execution if any ORA error it has to exit from sqlplus session 1) scripts from external folder 2) logs has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreekanth Reddy
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)