Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware FAQ, support multiple monitor 3 or 4 using dual video card SLI or Crossfire Post 302576697 by jao_madn on Friday 25th of November 2011 04:13:50 PM
Old 11-25-2011
FAQ, support multiple monitor 3 or 4 using dual video card SLI or Crossfire

Hi,

I would like to ask if someone has knowlodge or perhaps own/experience this kind of a machine, Im buying a desktop with a plan of having multiple monitor 3 or 4,now my question is, i want to used the sli or crossfire config with each video card has 2 dvi or vga connector, does this 2 connection wil help me achieve my goal of 4 monitor. 1 monitor each dvi or vga ports. How about in our lovely linux OS this will have no problem right.

I hope someone out there would be kind to share his/her knowledge or enlight me as to what i planning to achieve..

Thanks in advance for future input..

Addition: I just read, i can use 4 or 3 using 2 video card but the video card is capable of multidisplay.

Last edited by jao_madn; 11-25-2011 at 06:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

redhat 7.2 dual head video card

HI. i have two monitor and two video card in one system, i want use both of the monitor, i am currently using redhat 7.2 and solaris 8, i was wondering if someone can help me set my system as a dual monitor, basically it called dual head in redhat but i dont' know what it called in sun. Im tring... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with video card.

http://adsl.027game.com/uploadImages/200211122321064403.jpg Help, please!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Dual IP configuration with two different network card

I am trying to configure dual IP each on different interfaces (ce0, ce2) with one logical/virtual IP. I can ping all three IP but can not TELNET to any of them. Here is all the information: ********************************************************* root@osssvr # more /etc/hosts # # Internet host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr.adnan.sarwar
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Dual monitor for Intel 82915G & ATI Rage 128 card on FC6, Dell Optiplex Gx520

I want to setup dual monitor for the Dell Optiplex Gx520 computer. The motherboard has an Intel Corporation 82915G Integrated Graphics Controller. Then I add an ATI Rage 128 video card. The dual monitor work on Windows 2000 with the Intel chip as the primary screen and the ATI chip... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TsanChung
0 Replies

6. Linux

Dual Monitor not working

Hi, To simplify things, the name of the pc's are 'spectra1' and 'spectra3'. Spectra3 already has dual screen, and I'm trying to connect and 2nd screen for spectra1. I went to System Settings > Display > Dual head tab: on spectra1 and enabled the "use dual head" then clicked Configue... From... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamrocks
0 Replies

7. Solaris

video card for a V440

I am looking into getting some cards for the SunFire V440. Not sure how most folks go about this but I am assuming we can find compatible cards for this server platform without going through SUN. Do you guys recommend getting this video card from SUN? Yeah we got these servers without the video... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting up Dual Monitor info and help

This is a nice little article for setting up dual monitors. Ubuntu Tips: How To Setup Dual Monitor (link removed) Does anyone know how to do this from the terminal? I wanted to add a key detail that was neglected from the first article I read. This only matters if you are trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to monitor server dual power?

dears, any one knows how to use linux command to monitor hp server Redhat dual power status? any 1 of power failure then alarm will triggered. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
4 Replies

10. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies
VGA(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    VGA(4)

NAME
vga -- generic video card interface SYNOPSIS
options VESA options VESA_DEBUG=N options VGA_ALT_SEQACCESS options VGA_NO_FONT_LOADING options VGA_NO_MODE_CHANGE options VGA_SLOW_IOACCESS options VGA_WIDTH90 device vga In /boot/device.hints: hint.vga.0.at="isa" DESCRIPTION
The vga driver is a generic video card driver which provides access to video cards. This driver is required for the console driver syscons(4). The console driver will call the vga driver to manipulate video hardware (changing video modes, loading font, etc). The vga driver supports the standard video cards: MDA, CGA, EGA and VGA. In addition, the driver can utilize VESA BIOS extensions if the video card supports them. VESA support can either be statically included in the kernel or can be loaded as a separate module. In order to statically link the VESA support to the kernel, the VESA option (see below) must be defined in the kernel configuration file. The vesa module can be dynamically loaded into the kernel using kldload(8). DRIVER CONFIGURATION
Kernel Configuration Options The following kernel configuration options (see config(8)) can be used to control the vga driver. These options provide compatibility with certain VGA cards. VGA_ALT_SEQACCESS You may want to try this option if the mouse pointer is not drawn correctly or the font does not seem to be loaded properly on the VGA card. However, it may cause flicker on some systems. VGA_SLOW_IOACCESS Older VGA cards may require this option for proper operation. It makes the driver perform byte-wide I/O to VGA registers and slow down a little. VGA_WIDTH90 This option enables 90 column modes: 90x25, 90x30, 90x43, 90x50, 90x60. These modes are not always supported by the video card and the display. It is highly likely that LCD display cannot work with these modes. The following options add optional features to the driver. VESA Add VESA BIOS support to the driver. If the VGA card has the VESA BIOS extension 1.2 or later, this option will utilize the VESA BIOS service to switch to high resolution modes. VESA_DEBUG=N Set the VESA support debug level to N. The default value is zero, which suppresses all debugging output. The following options will remove some features from the vga driver and save kernel memory. VGA_NO_FONT_LOADING The vga driver can load software font to EGA and VGA cards. This option removes this feature. Note that if you use this option and still wish to use the mouse on the console then you must also use the SC_ALT_MOUSE_IMAGE option. See syscons(4). VGA_NO_MODE_CHANGE This option prevents the driver from changing video modes. EXAMPLES
Your kernel configuration should normally have: device vga And you need the following line in /boot/device.hints. hint.vga.0.at="isa" The following lines should be included in the kernel configuration file in order to enable the VESA BIOS Extension support. options VESA device vga If you do not want VESA support included in the kernel, but want to use occasionally, do not add the VESA option. And load the vesa module as desired: kldload vesa SEE ALSO
vgl(3), syscons(4), config(8), kldload(8), kldunload(8) STANDARDS
Video Electronics Standards Association, VESA BIOS Extension (VBE). HISTORY
The vga driver first appeared in FreeBSD 3.1. AUTHORS
The vga driver was written by Soren Schmidt <sos@FreeBSD.org> and Kazutaka Yokota <yokota@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Kazutaka Yokota. BSD
June 30, 1999 BSD