Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk variables not printing to StdOutput Post 302576543 by CarloM on Friday 25th of November 2011 07:10:11 AM
Old 11-25-2011
What output are you getting?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK printing

Hello, I am trying to write a formatted report into a file using .ksh script and awk. Here is the command I am trying to run echo "before awk" ${SRC_SCHEMA} echo | awk '{printf "%-20s", ${SRC_SCHEMA} }' >>$REPORT_SQL_NAME I get the following error before awk ADW awk: 0602-562 Field $()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Printing

i have a file and i want to print the second variable and add qoutes to it i do awk -F"|" '{print $2}' star.unl. i get the output xxxxxxx but i need the variable($2) to be in quotes.like "xxxxxxx" how do i do there please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK printing

i have a file containing a line 123456 is it possible to use AWK to print it out to look like 1 2 3 4 5 6 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk: printing variables

awk is only printing out the variables on the first AK2, how do I get it to print out the variables for every occurrence of AK2? grep -l "^ST.997" *.replaced|sort -n|uniq>FILELIST while read file do let "count = $count+1" <$file awk 'BEGIN { FS="" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing using awk

Hi I am relatively new to awk so i am getting confused a lot I am in need of help ... I am trying to append coloumns to the end of line using AWK I tried using this command awk -F "," '{for(s=7;s<=217;s++);$s="0";}1' OFS=, sam_sri_out It is giving me an output like this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question for printing variables

Hi All, I have the following awk code where I am passing 4 variables to the program and I need to print them in the awk script. The variables are $start_month $start_date - $end_month $end_date. printf("\tFor More Information\n") > out_tmp1 printf("\tIf you have any questions about this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh passing to awk multiple dyanamic variables awk -v

Using ksh to call a function which has awk script embedded. It parses a long two element list file, filled with text numbers (I want column 2, beginning no sooner than line 45, that's the only known thing) . It's unknown where to start or end the data collection, dynamic variables will be used. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: highnthemnts
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Why can't value of awk variables be passed to external functions ?

I wrote a very simple script to understand how to call user-defined functions from within awk after reading this post. function my_func_local { echo "In func $1" } export -f my_func_local echo $1 | awk -F"/" '{for (k=1;k<=NF;k++) { if ($k == "a" ) { system("my_local_func $k") } else{... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo not printing the variables with delimiters as required

This is the file which contains only neccessary values from the output of curl command i.e TEMP_FILE Proxy Hostname server0123.domain.com Proxy IP address XXX.XXX.XX.XX port 0000 Proxy Version SGOS X.X.X.X Proxy Serial # ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
5 Replies
XOpenOM(3X)							  XLIB FUNCTIONS						       XOpenOM(3X)

NAME
XOpenOM - opens output method SYNTAX
XOM XOpenOM(display, db, res_name, res_class) Display *display; XrmDatabase db; char *res_name; char *res_class; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. db Specifies a pointer to the resource database. res_name Specifies the full resource name of the application. res_class Specifies the full class name of the application. DESCRIPTION
The XOpenOM function opens an output method matching the current locale and modifiers specification. The current locale and modifiers are bound to the output method when XOpenOM is called. The locale associated with an output method cannot be changed. The specific output method to which this call will be routed is identified on the basis of the current locale and modifiers. XOpenOM will identify a default output method corresponding to the current locale. That default can be modified using XSetLocaleModifiers to set the output method modifier. The db argument is the resource database to be used by the output method for looking up resources that are private to the output method. It is not intended that this database be used to look up values that can be set as OC values in an output context. If db is NULL, no data- base is passed to the output method. The res_name and res_class arguments specify the resource name and class of the application. They are intended to be used as prefixes by the output method when looking up resources that are common to all output contexts that may be created for this output method. The charac- ters used for resource names and classes must be in the X Portable Character Set. The resources looked up are not fully specified if res_name or res_class is NULL. The res_name and res_class arguments are not assumed to exist beyond the call to XOpenOM. The specified resource database is assumed to exist for the lifetime of the output method. XOpenOM returns NULL if no output method could be opened. SEE ALSO
XCreateOC(3X), XCloseOM(3X), XSetOMValues(3X), XGetOMValues(3X), XDisplayOfOM(3X), XLocaleOfOM(3X) X Version 11 Release 6 XOpenOM(3X)