Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in using scp command Post 302576414 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 24th of November 2011 06:54:51 PM
Old 11-24-2011
The key has to be in authorized keys BEFORE you try any scp/ssh commands

Plus .ssh should have 700 protections on the remote server, the keyfile 600.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on SCP command

Total unix newbie needs help:Need to SCP files to a WINDOWS NT server,but giving me some problems: REPOSITORY=/usr/psoft/fs600srv/reports/HR /usr/local/bin/scp -p -a $REPOSITORY/HR.glpccd*.unl Administrator@10.84.124.6:/Temp When I execute the script, it is giving me this error. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: starla0316
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP command

Hello, Let's say I have the command line: scp -r /home/Mohit/Switches mkakkar@softmon:/home/mkakkar/ If I put a "/" after the Switches such that I get: scp -r /home/Mohit/Switches/ mkakkar@softmon:/home/mkakkar/ How does the behaviour change? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp command

I want to know how can i use scp command in the reverse fashion meaning i have two machines server1 and server2 I have files in server1 that i need to copy to server2 But i do not have write permissions on server2 although i have read permissions on server1 is there a way i can go... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bn_unx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with SCP command

Hi, I have around 100 files which are aroun 10 MB in size and need to SCP all those files to another machine. Could you please suggest which way is efficient to do? 1. Gzip each file and transfer one by one. 2. Tar all the files together and then gzip it and send one HUGE file. Basicaly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command and no response

I should trasfer some files by xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to local host. In order to check the function works i tried to transfer a single file and I typed: scp -P 21 username@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/filename.nas /filename.nas At this point i haven't response anch i have to type CTRL+C to return to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreac81
2 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

scp command

if i use scp command to copy a file from one server another server it is asking password of the server from where the file being copied. i am automating some reports.. i need the file to be copied without asking the password. can any help me out??? thanks in advance, Arun Manas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with scp command

Can someone please help me with what is wrong with this command? scp oracle@hrkpd124:/u01/app/oracle/rdbms/admin/dpoo.html root@hrkpmgmt:/export my intention is to copy the file dopp.html from the server hrkpd124 to the server hrkpmgmt but i am getting the error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command

Hi, Is there any way by which scp shall not prompt for a password? When ever i fire scp command it should automatically move the files to the mentioned location without prompting for the password. Is it possible?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp command help

I need one help. I want to copy specific folder/file from one Linux servers to another. I want scp command that will search the file/folder in given path of one server and copy that result on another remote server. Kindly help me to resolve issue Thanks and Regards, Rajesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

scp Command

I need a scp command that will connect remote server and find current date & last three days log files and bring them to local machine..Remote server is AIX and local machine is RHEL 6.3. I write below but its not working scp / @IP:/logs/ '{find . -mtime -2 -name "*.LOG"}' (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: micle
5 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)