Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat set device mode permanently with udev rule Post 302576293 by venikathir on Thursday 24th of November 2011 08:02:18 AM
Old 11-24-2011
Enter your settings in /etc/rc.local
Code:
 /bin/chown root:dba /dev/raw/raw1
  /bin/chown oracle:dba /dev/raw/raw2

# temp solution until good udev rules are found
  /bin/chown oracle:dba /dev/mapper/arch*
  /bin/chown oracle:dba /dev/mapper/dbs*
  /bin/chown oracle:dba /dev/mapper/redo*
  /bin/chown oracle:dba /dev/mapper/undo*

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set User ID on execution mode.

I have a directory. To this directory, for Group bits combination, it is showing as 's'. Which I found out, it means "Set User ID on execution mode". Within this directory I am not able to create subfolder. Does it mean, only the Owner of this directory will be able to create subdirectories &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lynx browser set permanently option

hi all, is there somebody that know how can I set an permanently option for the lynx text browser? The reason is if I open some URL's and type my login infos then lynx show follow message: P)roceed, use G)ET or C)ancel Server asked for 301 redirection of POST content to URL: The UNIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How do i permanently set bash profile??

Hi all, I don't want to enter below command on solaris every time. How do i permanently set this command on Solaris. I know that this operation is a piece of cake on redhat because there is a /etc/rc.local file on it. But Solaris ???? bash-3.00#export PS1="\e (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

4. Linux

udev rule + script for setting webcam's mic as audio input

Hello, whenever I plugin my webcam, I want to use its microphone instead of the one integrated in my laptop. I therefore created a udev rule: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="046d", ATTR{idProduct}=="0807", RUN+="/usr/local/bin/webcammic"This rule works, I've tested it with a testscript (the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MojoDodo
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Set autolist permanently

Hi , How to set autolist permanently in Solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.padhiyar
2 Replies

6. AIX

Permanently set maxdata to maximum

Hi, I've a 32-bit program running on AIX. By default the memory limit of the process is 256 MB as per the 32-bit AIX OS behavior. This can be changed using the LDR_CNTRL=maxdata environment variable. Baseed on the value that we set in terms of increments of segments the process... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprajesh
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Udev Rule TAG for identifying a local sas disk, non-scsi, non-fiber, non-iscsi

I need to add a VMware virtual disk to the 99-oracle-asmdevices.rules file but the OS is not assigning a WWID to the disk. It has been fdisk'd and a single partition created. What TAG inside the file needs to be added? the Program scsi-id does not work for some reason. latest patches... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
0 Replies

8. Web Development

Set Edge Compatibility Mode for IE

hi i have code in iplanet webserver in obj.conf file <If $uri !~'^/app/literature/item/(.*)'> AuthTrans fn="set-variable" insert-srvhdrs="X-UA-Compatible:IE=EmulateIE8" </If> i want to migrate it to apache webserver need your help to replace the above code for apache webserver. i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies
mdbFontset(5)							 The m17n Library						     mdbFontset(5)

NAME
mdbFontset - Fontset DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads a fontset definition from the m17n database by the tags <fontset, FONTSET-NAME>. The plist format of the data is as follows: FONTSET ::= PER-SCRIPT * PER-CHARSET * FALLBACK * PER-SCRIPT ::= '(' SCRIPT PER-LANGUAGE + ')' PER-LANGUAGE ::= '(' LANGUAGE FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT + ')' PER-CHARSET ::= '(' CHARSET FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT + ')' FALLBACK ::= FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT FONT-SPEC-ELEMENT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC [ FLT-NAME ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY [ OTF-SPEC ] [ LANG-SPEC ] ')' SCRIPT is a symbol of script name (e.g. latin, han) or nil. LANGUAGE is a two-letter symbol of language name code defined by ISO 639 (e.g. ja, zh) or nil. FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. OTF-SPEC is a symbol specifyng the required OTF features. The symbol name has the following syntax. OTF-SPEC-NAME ::= ':otf=' SCRIPT LANGSYS ? GSUB-FEATURES ? GPOS-FEATURES ? SCRIPT ::= SYMBOL LANGSYS ::= '/' SYMBOL GSUB-FEATURES ::= '=' FEATURE-LIST ? GPOS-FEATURES ::= '+' FEATURE-LIST ? FEATURE-LIST ::= '~' ? FEATURE ( ',' '~' ? FEATURE ',' ) Here, FEATURE is a four-letter Open Type feature. LANG-SPEC is a symbol specifying the required language support. The symbol name has the following syntax. LANG-SPEC-NAME ::= ':lang=' LANG Here, LANG is a two or three-letter ISO-639 language code. FLT-NAME is a name of Font Layout Table (Font Layout Table). EXAMPLE
This is an example of PER_SCRIPT. (han (ja ((jisx0208.1983-0))) (zh ((gb2312.1980-0))) (nil ((big5-0)))) It instructs the font selector to use a font of registry 'jisx0208.1983-0' for a 'han' character (i.e. a character whose Mscript property is 'han') if the character has Mlanguage text property 'ja' in an M-text and the character is in the repertories of such fonts. Otherwise, try a font of registry 'gb2312.1980-0' or 'big5-0'. If that 'han' character does not have Mlanguage text property, try all three fonts. See the function mdraw_text() for the detail of how a font is selected. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontset(5)