Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System V - ln /dev/mt00
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers System V - ln /dev/mt00 Post 302576291 by vbe on Thursday 24th of November 2011 08:00:33 AM
Old 11-24-2011
I doubt...
Tell us more on what type of data?
I have not tried yet (unusual idea..) but if I were to do something of the sort, I would try to use tee command to get a copy of what is being sent to the tape

(I lent years ago my System V 386 (an original AT&T ! V release 2.3 or was it 3.2? Smilie ) I wonder what happened to it...)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

mknod system call to clone /dev/null

I'm trying to use the "mknod" call in C to create a clone of /dev/null. I am stumped as to the final parameter I should provide to "mknod()". I am supposed to give it a type dev_t, which specifies a major & minor number. I want to specify major 3, minor 1, but how can I do this? dev_t seems to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

3. SCO

file system under /dev have been unmounted

Dear all, i am running SCO unix 7.1, and i had a problem with the system file that was full thus some application wasn't able to be executed; then i've done the following: - move some core files from / directory - Increase the system parameter FLCKREC, then rebuild the system. - after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Athos19
1 Replies

4. Solaris

FSCK root file system (/dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol)

Hi, I need to fsck the root file system on my Solaris 9 server. It is a UFS file system but it is under Veritas control. I want to know which fsck I need to use to check the file system. The default Solaris fsck (/usr/sbin/fsck) or the Veritas (/lib/fs/vxfs/sparcv9/fsck) fsck? I take it I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Rogue file in /dev/rmt fills up / file system

Hi Peeps, Got a very wierd problem (not a show stopper, but really annoying). I've recovered a system for a DR test and by the looks of it every night (between 1030 and 11pm) it's creating a file called 1hbn in /dev/rmt and literally looks like it's utilizing all the remaining space in /... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Lun remove, stuck in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk

So, we removed a LUN from the SAN and the system is refusing to remove the references to it in the /dev folder. I've done the following: devfsadm -Cv powermt -q luxadm -e offline <drive path> luxadm probe All those commands failed to remove the path. The drive stills shows up as <drive... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DustinT
13 Replies

7. AIX

Problem in /dev/hd1 and /dev/hd9var

Hello AIXians, I can't boot my AIX, it hangs and stops at the code error: 0518 After searching google, I knew the problem is due to problems in File Systems. So the solution is booting from any bootable media, then run these commands in maintenance mode: #fsck -y /dev/hd4 #fsck -y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc

Objective: To recreate the partitioning setup of /dev/sda on /dev/sdc How would I parse the below information and initialize variables (an array?) that can be used to build sgdisk commands in a script, regardless of the number of partitions? Something along the lines of: sgdisk -n... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
12 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
tcopy(1)							   User Commands							  tcopy(1)

NAME
tcopy - copy a magnetic tape SYNOPSIS
tcopy source [destination] DESCRIPTION
The tcopy utility copies the magnetic tape mounted on the tape drive specified by the source argument. The only assumption made about the contents of a tape is that there are two tape marks at the end. When only a source drive is specified, tcopy scans the tape, and displays information about the sizes of records and tape files. If a des- tination is specified, tcopy makes a copies the source tape onto the destination tape, with blocking preserved. As it copies, tcopy pro- duces the same output as it does when only scanning a tape. The tcopy utility requires the use of Berkeley-compatible device names. For example, example% tcopy /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/2b ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mt(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5) NOTES
tcopy will only run on systems supporting an associated set of ioctl(2) requests. SunOS 5.10 10 Mar 2000 tcopy(1)