Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script problem Post 302576135 by Chrissie on Wednesday 23rd of November 2011 05:48:43 PM
Old 11-23-2011
I fixed the elif error with the code but now the error that appears when I run is

tar: cowardly refusing to create an empty archive, however I know the archive isn't empty so have no idea why this error is running? I think it'll be easier for to switch back to operating system I was using to begin with as the code ran perfectly well there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem starting a script from a 'main'-script

Please Help! :o I have a main script (ksh) where another script is called (convert_picture). Normally this works ok, but since some changes has been made on the unix-server (I dont know what :( ) suddenly it doesnt work anymore: i get an error message: ksh: convert_picture not found. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakker
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help. Script problem

hey guys. i have a bunch of programs in a script that needs to run as root and the rest as another user, we'll call him gabriel. now, in this script, i want to run the first few lines as root. now, how do i, after running as root, tell the script to run the remaining lines as the user gabriel?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh script problem problem

Hi Please help me with the following problem with my script. The following block of code is not repeating in the while loop and exiting after searching for first message. input_file ========== host001-01 host001-02 2008-07-23 13:02:04,651 ConnectionFactory - Setting session state... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcjandyala
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with script

Hello All. I have a script that is suppossed to start up a daemon but when executed, simply hangs. Could you please take a look and let me know where the problem might be? TIA ################################################################### # # SCRIPT: dstart3000.sh # Bring up the Domain... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: grin1dan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a script

Hi everyone, I got a problem with a script. What it's supposed to do is: to take as arguments a directory name <dir> and a dimension (in byte) <dim>; if <dir> exists, to write name and dimension of every regular file within it that sizes lesser than <dim> in regFileList. Nothing happens... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while calling a script within a script

Hi , I have moduled my scripts in three scripts . From First script i am calling second and from second i am calling third for some check . Problem is with the third script call. ---In second script EXP ='test.\abc.\Server.*abc.xml.*' pid=$($HOME/bin/checkpid $EXP) --Third... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amrishn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in calling a script inside a script

Hi team, I have a script in different folder. Now i want to call that script and execute that script from that path alone. My code is #!/bin/bash wname=yahoo PATH='/opt/IBM' wac=`/usr/bin/ls $PATH | /usr/bin/grep "$wname"` STOP=`/usr/bin/find $PATH/$wac -type f -name "stop.sh"`... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
8 Replies
ARCHIVE_READ_FORMAT(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				    ARCHIVE_READ_FORMAT(3)

NAME
archive_read_support_format_7zip, archive_read_support_format_all, archive_read_support_format_ar, archive_read_support_format_by_code, archive_read_support_format_cab, archive_read_support_format_cpio, archive_read_support_format_empty, archive_read_support_format_iso9660, archive_read_support_format_lha, archive_read_support_format_mtree, archive_read_support_format_rar, archive_read_support_format_raw, archive_read_support_format_tar, archive_read_support_format_xar, archive_read_support_format_zip -- functions for reading streaming archives LIBRARY
Streaming Archive Library (libarchive, -larchive) SYNOPSIS
#include <archive.h> int archive_read_support_format_7zip(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_all(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_ar(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_by_code(struct archive *, int); int archive_read_support_format_cab(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_cpio(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_empty(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_iso9660(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_lha(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_mtree(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_rar(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_raw(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_tar(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_xar(struct archive *); int archive_read_support_format_zip(struct archive *); DESCRIPTION
archive_read_support_format_7zip(), archive_read_support_format_ar(), archive_read_support_format_cab(), archive_read_support_format_cpio(), archive_read_support_format_iso9660(), archive_read_support_format_lha(), archive_read_support_format_mtree(), archive_read_support_format_rar(), archive_read_support_format_raw(), archive_read_support_format_tar(), archive_read_support_format_xar(), archive_read_support_format_zip() Enables support---including auto-detection code---for the specified archive format. For example, archive_read_support_format_tar() enables support for a variety of standard tar formats, old-style tar, ustar, pax interchange format, and many common variants. archive_read_support_format_all() Enables support for all available formats except the ``raw'' format (see below). archive_read_support_format_by_code() Enables a single format specified by the format code. This can be useful when reading a single archive twice; use archive_format() after reading the first time and pass the resulting code to this function to selectively enable only the necessary format support. Note: In statically-linked executables, this will cause your program to include support for every format. If executable size is a concern, you may wish to avoid using this function. archive_read_support_format_empty() Enables support for treating empty files as empty archives. Because empty files are valid for several different formats, it is not possible to accurately determine a format for an empty file based purely on contents. So empty files are treated by libarchive as a distinct format. archive_read_support_format_raw() The ``raw'' format handler allows libarchive to be used to read arbitrary data. It treats any data stream as an archive with a sin- gle entry. The pathname of this entry is ``data''; all other entry fields are unset. This is not enabled by archive_read_support_format_all() in order to avoid erroneous handling of damaged archives. RETURN VALUES
These functions return ARCHIVE_OK on success, or ARCHIVE_FATAL. ERRORS
Detailed error codes and textual descriptions are available from the archive_errno() and archive_error_string() functions. SEE ALSO
tar(1), libarchive(3), archive_read_data(3), archive_read_filter(3), archive_read_set_options(3), archive_util(3), tar(5) BUGS
Many traditional archiver programs treat empty files as valid empty archives. For example, many implementations of tar(1) allow you to append entries to an empty file. Of course, it is impossible to determine the format of an empty file by inspecting the contents, so this library treats empty files as having a special ``empty'' format. Using the ``raw'' handler together with any other handler will often work but can produce surprising results. BSD
February 2, 2012 BSD