Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nullifying Zero Link Files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nullifying Zero Link Files Post 302575733 by bluenavi on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 04:17:05 PM
Old 11-22-2011
Nullifying Zero Link Files

how do i nullify zero link files under /proc
please help me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Link files in unix

Can anyone say some ideas about using/creating link files (for ex., lrwxrwxrwx 1 bin bin 7 Jan 10 2001 bin -> usr/bin) in a shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvasyntel
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions on link files

Does any one now if you can change permissions on a linked file with out completely removing it and then relinking it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moviestud80
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link files....

How do you identify the type of a link in the output of the ls -l command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tom Bombadil
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

link files together

if I have 1000 files, named file1, file2, ... ,file1000. for each one, I want to append a line, for example "this is the end of file#". then, I want to link them all together. how can I do that by using a simple script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredao
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to remove the files along with its link files

How to remove the files along with its link files either hardlink or softlink? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramesh_srk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find link files

How to find the link files. i have main file, now i want to find all the files linked to it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aju_kup
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files and creating a link to it

Hi All, I am in a tricky situation where I have to move my files to a different mount point and create a link in place of the file which will point to the moved location. to explain you in details:- say I have two mount points /dir/mount1/ /dir/mount2/ I have my application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nullifying a log file

Hi, I have a Weblogic server running in Solaris box which is writing an out file 'server.out' but this file is growing so fast 1GB per hour . to nullify this file and keep the process update I have created a shell script. 1 ) cp /dev/null server.out 2 ) cat /dev/null > server.out 3 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joseph Antoine
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Nullifying Zero Link Files

How do I nullify a zero link file. Please help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluenavi
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Zero link count files in proc

Hi Experts, I had encountered an issue where the zero link process was holding too much amount of data on a Solaris server. I was able to terminate the process after which the space of the file system was released. 40G /proc/8567/fd/2 Can you please let me know if there are any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanu1985
11 Replies
NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					     NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)

NAME
network_namespaces - overview of Linux network namespaces DESCRIPTION
Network namespaces provide isolation of the system resources associated with networking: network devices, IPv4 and IPv6 protocol stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net directory (which is a symbolic link to /proc/PID/net), the /sys/class/net directory, various files under /proc/sys/net, port numbers (sockets), and so on. A physical network device can live in exactly one network namespace. When a network namespace is freed (i.e., when the last process in the namespace terminates), its physical network devices are moved back to the initial network namespace (not to the parent of the process). A virtual network (veth(4)) device pair provides a pipe-like abstraction that can be used to create tunnels between network namespaces, and can be used to create a bridge to a physical network device in another namespace. When a namespace is freed, the veth(4) devices that it contains are destroyed. Use of network namespaces requires a kernel that is configured with the CONFIG_NET_NS option. SEE ALSO
nsenter(1), unshare(1), clone(2), veth(4), proc(5), sysfs(5), namespaces(7), user_namespaces(7), brctl(8), ip(8), ip-address(8), ip- link(8), ip-netns(8), iptables(8), ovs-vsctl(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2018-02-02 NETWORK_NAMESPACES(7)