Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scp multiple files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers scp multiple files Post 302575722 by don_tom on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 03:01:18 PM
Old 11-22-2011
Thanks. May be key-based authentication is the way to go.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP multiple files

Hi , I am doing SCP for copying log files from different server(around 24 server) I need to copy these bulk logfiles every 15 min. How can i do multiple SCP at the same time? My current code is like this scp $CUSTCARE_USER@$CUSTCARE_SERVER:$CUSTCARE_HOME/$CUSTCARE_LOG.*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to SCP a file to multiple servers

Hi All, I am a total noob to the Unix world, and i hope to learn a lot from this wonderful community. Here's my first post and question , i am trying to SCP a file to multiple servers (multiple destinations) through this little script : #!/bin/ksh # copy files # File to be copied... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the multiple scp from single script?

Dear Experts, how to run multiple scp commands from single scripts. In a directory oracle redo files accumulate. i would like to copy those redo logs to my standby server. For same i am using scp to copy the files. where i am monitoring that as it is sending the files sequentially most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp command for multiple file transfer.

FILE_LIST="{a.txt,b.txt,cal*}" scp -r $..$REMOTE_PATH$FILE_LIST $LOCAL_PATH This script passes only when all the three files are transfere, wat if only two file are transfered, but still I was to make the return code as pass. is it possible. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to scp a file to multiple boxes

Hello All, I am new to scripting and I am trying to write a script which can scp a file from one box to multiple boxes. I am thinking to do like this. 1) create a file with list of all server names 2)write a script which will pick up each server line by line from server list and copy it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sintilash
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp or rsync multiple files in parallel from a remote host

Hi. I'm trying to speed up an rsync command by running it in parallel. There's no real option for this other than if the files are in multiple directories (which they're not). And even then there's no way of knowing if rsync has succeeded as the process is running in the background .. and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Big_Jeffrey
4 Replies

7. Solaris

scp multiple files without pattern on Solaris

I need to transfer multiple files using scp between two solaris machines. I could not use pattern since they match with other files in the same directory. I tried the below command, it does not copy any files. $ scp -p user@machine1:/home/fid1/staging/\{a.ksh,b.ksh,c.ksh,d.ksh\} . But... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marecar
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

scp of multiple files to remote server

Hello, I would like to scp multiple files to a remote server that requires a password for the process to be completed. I have 30 folders (x_1, x_2 ... x_30), each containing 25 files. What I want to do is scp 1 out of the 25 files (file called bvals) for all my folders to a remote server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasia.m
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp over multiple hops

Hi friends, I am trying to scp a file from server A to Server C via Server B (which is jump host) from Server A to Server B i have one pem key. from server B to server C I have different Pem key.. what I tried scp -r -o ProxyCommand="ssh -W %h:%p ec2-user@1.4.5.5 dmu.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
HMAC(3) 							      OpenSSL								   HMAC(3)

NAME
HMAC, HMAC_Init, HMAC_Update, HMAC_Final, HMAC_cleanup - HMAC message authentication code SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/hmac.h> unsigned char *HMAC(const EVP_MD *evp_md, const void *key, int key_len, const unsigned char *d, int n, unsigned char *md, unsigned int *md_len); void HMAC_CTX_init(HMAC_CTX *ctx); void HMAC_Init(HMAC_CTX *ctx, const void *key, int key_len, const EVP_MD *md); void HMAC_Init_ex(HMAC_CTX *ctx, const void *key, int key_len, const EVP_MD *md, ENGINE *impl); void HMAC_Update(HMAC_CTX *ctx, const unsigned char *data, int len); void HMAC_Final(HMAC_CTX *ctx, unsigned char *md, unsigned int *len); void HMAC_CTX_cleanup(HMAC_CTX *ctx); void HMAC_cleanup(HMAC_CTX *ctx); DESCRIPTION
HMAC is a MAC (message authentication code), i.e. a keyed hash function used for message authentication, which is based on a hash function. HMAC() computes the message authentication code of the n bytes at d using the hash function evp_md and the key key which is key_len bytes long. It places the result in md (which must have space for the output of the hash function, which is no more than EVP_MAX_MD_SIZE bytes). If md is NULL, the digest is placed in a static array. The size of the output is placed in md_len, unless it is NULL. evp_md can be EVP_sha1(), EVP_ripemd160() etc. key and evp_md may be NULL if a key and hash function have been set in a previous call to HMAC_Init() for that HMAC_CTX. HMAC_CTX_init() initialises a HMAC_CTX before first use. It must be called. HMAC_CTX_cleanup() erases the key and other data from the HMAC_CTX and releases any associated resources. It must be called when an HMAC_CTX is no longer required. HMAC_cleanup() is an alias for HMAC_CTX_cleanup() included for back compatibility with 0.9.6b, it is deprecated. The following functions may be used if the message is not completely stored in memory: HMAC_Init() initializes a HMAC_CTX structure to use the hash function evp_md and the key key which is key_len bytes long. It is deprecated and only included for backward compatibility with OpenSSL 0.9.6b. HMAC_Init_ex() initializes or reuses a HMAC_CTX structure to use the function evp_md and key key. Either can be NULL, in which case the existing one will be reused. HMAC_CTX_init() must have been called before the first use of an HMAC_CTX in this function. N.B. HMAC_Init() had this undocumented behaviour in previous versions of OpenSSL - failure to switch to HMAC_Init_ex() in programs that expect it will cause them to stop working. HMAC_Update() can be called repeatedly with chunks of the message to be authenticated (len bytes at data). HMAC_Final() places the message authentication code in md, which must have space for the hash function output. RETURN VALUES
HMAC() returns a pointer to the message authentication code. HMAC_CTX_init(), HMAC_Init_ex(), HMAC_Update(), HMAC_Final() and HMAC_CTX_cleanup() do not return values. CONFORMING TO
RFC 2104 SEE ALSO
sha(3), evp(3) HISTORY
HMAC(), HMAC_Init(), HMAC_Update(), HMAC_Final() and HMAC_cleanup() are available since SSLeay 0.9.0. HMAC_CTX_init(), HMAC_Init_ex() and HMAC_CTX_cleanup() are available since OpenSSL 0.9.7. 0.9.8 2009-04-03 HMAC(3)