Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: waking up
Special Forums IP Networking waking up Post 302575510 by yashwanthguru on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 01:44:07 AM
Old 11-22-2011
Java waking up

can i shutdown or wake on call all the pc's connected in a network using tools?

Last edited by yashwanthguru; 11-23-2011 at 05:48 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Waking up windowsXP from FC3

In my home network I have a windows XP server and a Redhat FC3 Linux server. The linux server has ssh open to the internet. What I'd like to do is ssh into the FC3 machine and "wakeup" the windows XP box which is in standby mode. Anyone know a way to achieve this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Debian

Laptop waking up in bag: go back to sleep script

I have a Debian-derived distro (Kubuntu 8.04) running on a Dell Inspiron laptop. This laptop often wakes from RAM suspension while in my bag. I would like to run a script, upon RAM suspension wake, that would detect if the lid switch is closed. If so, then the script should put the machine back in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Sound fails after waking from hibernate -- Intrepid/Xubuntu

Title says it all. Occasionally but frequently I lose sound: external speakers and headphones both make no noise. I just realized that this tends to happen (perhaps only happens) after starting the computer following hibernation. Rebooting always fixes the issue... but I'd hate to tell my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Losing wmx0 interface after waking up from hibernation

I don't know why, but I can't connect to my WiMax network after waking up from hibernation... System log shows the following messages: Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: libwimax: 6843 Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: E: RX: cannot join multicast group 0: -22... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Waking Up USB External Hard Drive for file archiving

Hello Experts, I hope I'm writing to the correct category for my question. I have a very basic shell script for doing file archiving to the external usb hard drive (WD studio edition II 2TB formatted as FAT32 for compatibility). The shell script only needs to run once per day. It basically... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johankor
8 Replies
SHUTDOWN(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       SHUTDOWN(2)

NAME
shutdown - shut down part of a full-duplex connection SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> int shutdown(int sockfd, int how); DESCRIPTION
The shutdown() call causes all or part of a full-duplex connection on the socket associated with sockfd to be shut down. If how is SHUT_RD, further receptions will be disallowed. If how is SHUT_WR, further transmissions will be disallowed. If how is SHUT_RDWR, further receptions and transmissions will be disallowed. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EBADF sockfd is not a valid descriptor. ENOTCONN The specified socket is not connected. ENOTSOCK sockfd is a file, not a socket. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, 4.4BSD (the shutdown() function call first appeared in 4.2BSD). NOTES
The constants SHUT_RD, SHUT_WR, SHUT_RDWR have the value 0, 1, 2, respectively, and are defined in <sys/socket.h> since glibc-2.1.91. SEE ALSO
connect(2), socket(2), socket(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-12-03 SHUTDOWN(2)