Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: waking up
Special Forums IP Networking waking up Post 302575510 by yashwanthguru on Tuesday 22nd of November 2011 01:44:07 AM
Old 11-22-2011
Java waking up

can i shutdown or wake on call all the pc's connected in a network using tools?

Last edited by yashwanthguru; 11-23-2011 at 05:48 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Waking up windowsXP from FC3

In my home network I have a windows XP server and a Redhat FC3 Linux server. The linux server has ssh open to the internet. What I'd like to do is ssh into the FC3 machine and "wakeup" the windows XP box which is in standby mode. Anyone know a way to achieve this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

2. Debian

Laptop waking up in bag: go back to sleep script

I have a Debian-derived distro (Kubuntu 8.04) running on a Dell Inspiron laptop. This laptop often wakes from RAM suspension while in my bag. I would like to run a script, upon RAM suspension wake, that would detect if the lid switch is closed. If so, then the script should put the machine back in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Sound fails after waking from hibernate -- Intrepid/Xubuntu

Title says it all. Occasionally but frequently I lose sound: external speakers and headphones both make no noise. I just realized that this tends to happen (perhaps only happens) after starting the computer following hibernation. Rebooting always fixes the issue... but I'd hate to tell my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Losing wmx0 interface after waking up from hibernation

I don't know why, but I can't connect to my WiMax network after waking up from hibernation... System log shows the following messages: Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: libwimax: 6843 Feb 5 10:07:52 lenovo-S102 wimaxd: wimaxd event: E: RX: cannot join multicast group 0: -22... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Waking Up USB External Hard Drive for file archiving

Hello Experts, I hope I'm writing to the correct category for my question. I have a very basic shell script for doing file archiving to the external usb hard drive (WD studio edition II 2TB formatted as FAT32 for compatibility). The shell script only needs to run once per day. It basically... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johankor
8 Replies
shutdown(2)							System Calls Manual						       shutdown(2)

NAME
shutdown - Shuts down socket send and receive operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/socket.h> int shutdown ( int socket, int how ); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: shutdown(): XNS5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies the file descriptor of the socket. Specifies the type of shutdown. Values are: To disable further receive operations To disable further send operations To disable further send operations and receive operations DESCRIPTION
The shutdown() function disables receive and/or send operations on the specified socket. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 (zero) is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the shutdown() function fails, errno may be set to one of the following values: The socket parameter is not valid. The how argument is invalid. Insufficient resources are available in the system to complete the call. The available STREAMS resources were insufficient for the operation to complete. The socket is not connected. The socket parameter refers to a file, not a socket. RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: getsockopt(2), read(2), recv(2), recvfrom(2), recvmsg(2), select(2), send(2), sendto(2), setsockopt(2), socket(2), write(2) Standards: standards(5) delim off shutdown(2)