Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Find files in subdirectory? Post 302575486 by TwinGT on Monday 21st of November 2011 11:34:03 PM
Old 11-22-2011
MySQL

That could work. I didn't know you could use wilds like that. Thanks!
This User Gave Thanks to TwinGT For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files including subdirectory and Delete

Hello Experts, I m newbie. Could u pls help me to write script on Sun solaris- I have backup directory "/var/opt/backup/" where files are backed up in different directory "backup1" "backup2" "backup3". I want to write a shell script which i will put in crontab and daily midnight it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files in directory and its subdirectory

I am writing a script which reads a file line by line and then assigns it to a variable like this 1090373422_4028715212.jpg. I have images with file name of this format in some other directory. In my script I want to assign variable with this file name and then find this filename in some other... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotib
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace in subdirectory (filename & content - both)

Hi, I have to rename all occurance of CUST_MST to RESELLER_MST both in filename and file content under a directory (say D0) which contains multiple (2-3 levels) sub directory. Example: D0 -> D1 -> D2 has a file CUST_MST_TEMP.txt this contains : > cat /D0/D1/D2/CUST_MST_TEMP.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count files in every subdirectory

Hi if anyone could help me :) I did a lot of search and 70% of answer is "how to count files in all subdirectories". A basic problem for me is how to count files in every subdirectory separately then sort it by number of files For example: dir1 file1 file2 subdir11 dir2 dir3 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yorryk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deleting some files under subdirectory

Hi guys, sorry if my english not very well.. i have a problem.. i have a file and the structure is : Folder/ Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200807 Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200807 Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200807 Folder/10.123.124.20/pm_data/A200808... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AdziE
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command, -name by directory and subdirectory?

Hi All, I'm trying to use the find command to return matches for a directory and file. For example, given the following directories: /one/two/three/file1.txt /one/three/two/file1.txt /one/four/two/three/file1.txt I'm expecting the following to be returned: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files of specific size excluding search in a subdirectory

Hi All, I was exploring find command and came across -prune option which would exclude search in a mention subdirectory. My quesry is to search all files more that 100 MB size but exclude search in a subdirectory. I am using below command,but somehow it is not working. Can anybody help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing files in subdirectory

Forgive me if there is an answer to this somewhere in the forums. I've gone through as much as I could but couldn't find a relevant answer. What I'm trying to do is use the ll command to list some files in a subdirectory that matches a certain format. I've tried ll *.*a* <subdirectory> but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: archaic
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i find a word inside a file from a directory and it's subdirectory ?

Suppose i have a word "mail". I have to search this word in all files inside a directory and it's sub-directories. It will also search in all hidden directory and sub-directories. If it finds this word in any file it will list that file. How can i do this with perl/ruby/awk/sed/bash or... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find: filename in every subdirectory matching a pattern

Hi, I have multiple directories built in following manner /app/red/tmp /app/blue/upd /app/blue/tmp /app/green/tmp /app/red/upd /app/green/upd I have filenames having pattern ONE.XXX.dat TWO.ZZZ.dat and so on across the folders listed above My objective is to list all filenames of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.16.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3)