Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Transferring Files via ssh (bash) Post 302575165 by rdcwayx on Sunday 20th of November 2011 07:58:01 PM
Old 11-20-2011
Maybe cpio is not in the default path. which OS for your remote server? You need use full path for it.

Code:
/usr/bin/cpio

Second, if no cpio, can you use tar command?

Code:
"tar cvf - `find /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com -type f -depth -name "*include*" `| gzip" > $backup_dir/fullwwwsite$date.tar.gz

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transferring files to and from remote computer

Hi all, i first have to ssh into my university account and then through there another ssh into my office computer, from my home computer. I have been trying to transfer files to and from with no such luck. How do i send a file from home to my office computer. Do I have to send it to my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring hidden files with scp

Is there a way to scp hidden files only ( with regex ) without specifying the name of the hidden files ? Many thanks in advance ! :) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
13 Replies

3. AIX

Transferring files between Windows and AIX

How do I transfer Plain Text and/or BMP image files between my WindowsXP PC and my AIX 4.1 PowerPC? I have no network or USB options, just a Floppy disk drive and a CD drive on each machine. Is it possible at all? Any help would be gratefully received:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennant Man
7 Replies

4. AIX

Transferring files via RS232 cable

Current setup: Some old AIX standalone machine (F series) My WinXP laptop Null modem cable from laptop to AIX machine (console port). On Hypterminal on WinXP I can connect to the AIX machine (serial connection), but when I try to transfer file, it will just sit there. I'm guessing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
3 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rsync transferring multiple files issue

Hi, I want to specify multiple remote directories but want to transfer them in a single command with one connection with remote server. This avoids entering passwords repeatedly and is also efficient. e.g. rsync -vrt --size-only --delete user@host:/home/user1/dir1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sardare
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mget issue: not transferring more than 2 files

I am trying to transfer about 3000 files from a window platfrom to my linux server. the scrip is pretty simple ftp to the source server (windows) cd to source directory lcd to destination directory mget *.jpg what I get in the log file is: mget 07421001.jpg? 200 PORT command successful.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Doveman
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transferring files from one linux server into another

Hello , I want to transfer files from one linux server into another , I got it working using SCP command , but I have to type in password for each and every file . All the remote severs have the same password , so is there a way that I can transfer all these files by typing my password only once ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for transferring files

Hi Guys, I have to transfer a few files in my system . The commands to be used are as follows . Will it be possible to send the output of the following in the form of a mail . cd /export/home/teja ls -lrt Quote.java* mv Quote.java Quote.java.20121023 cp /tmp/Quote.java . ls -lrt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi_Teja
2 Replies

9. AIX

Rcp error while transferring files

i am trying to use a rsh script that uses the rcp command to copy files from server to server but it always produce the following error: HOSTNAME: protocol failure due to unexpected closure from server end Error: failed to copy /test to HOST2 system Error: failed to execute command on remote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portabello
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transferring files to directories

I have a large number of files with file names of the format iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.028.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhe.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhn.d.2018.029.000000.sac iv.epoz.hhz.d.2018.029.000000.sac... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies
rpm2cpio(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       rpm2cpio(1)

NAME
rpm2cpio - convert Red Hat Package (RPM) to cpio archive SYNOPSIS
rpm2cpio [file.rpm] DESCRIPTION
The rpm2cpio utility converts the .rpm file specified as its sole argument to a cpio archive on standard output. (See NOTES.) If no argu- ment is given, an rpm stream is read from standard input. In both cases, rpm2cpio will fail and print a usage message if the standard out- put is a terminal. Therefore, the output is usually redirected to a file or piped through the cpio(1) utility. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting an rpm file example% rpm2cpio Device3Dfx-1.1-2.src.rpm | cpio -itv CPIO archive found! -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2635 Sep 13 16:39 1998, 3dfx.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11339 Sep 27 16:03 1998, Dev3Dfx.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1387 Sep 27 16:04 1998, Device3Dfx-1.1-2.spec 31 blocks Example 2: Converting from standard input example% rpm2cpio < Device3Dfx-1.1-2.src.rpm | cpio -itv CPIO archive found! -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2635 Sep 13 16:39 1998, 3dfx.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11339 Sep 27 16:03 1998, Dev3Dfx.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1387 Sep 27 16:04 1998, Device3Dfx-1.1-2.spec 31 blocks ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrpm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), attributes(5) NOTES
rpm2cpio handles versions 3 and 4 RPMs. SunOS 5.10 20 Aug 2001 rpm2cpio(1)