Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: write failed: Broken pipe
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users write failed: Broken pipe Post 302575008 by Corona688 on Saturday 19th of November 2011 03:38:45 PM
Old 11-19-2011
If there's two-way communication happening, it could be either. Is one end doing all the writing? Which one died?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

.cc fopen failed - Broken Pipe

hello.. i make some code with C in freebsd 5.4 and compile it in solaris somehow i succeed compile the program. but when i run it, i got error message "Broken Pipe" i looked out the syntax that that caused this, fp = fopen("file.tmp","r"); does anyone know why, and how to solve this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuampang
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Broken Pipe

Hi I tried to open the man page of sh and piped to `pg`. Normally while reading a file page by page using `pg`, if we wanna quit at the middle of file, we give "q" near the colon mode. Ex1: $cat file1 | pg hi how r u : (page1) now press "return key", it will go to next page yes i ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
1 Replies

3. Linux

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abir2
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

pipe broken

hi i have a server, and i have a web site and i installed apache in the /usr/local/apache/logs i have a file and i have this problem (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network plz help me how i can resolve this plz it's urgent th (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abir2
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

broken pipe

hi i am trying to upload a file using ftp protocol, i am facing some problem while uploading "Failedtoupload:SFTREGUP1:FTP_ASCII_MAILBOX21.39.10.856305000:Broken pipe" Can someone explain why it is coming , and the solution . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo: write error: Broken pipe ??

I want to try the unix pipe, the command is like this: echo new | find . the standard output of the echo should be "new", then I guess find command will use this output as input to find the file named "new". But the output is all the file names in my current dir, the last line is "echo: write... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

broken pipe

I know what causes 'broken pipe' errors, but I can't understand why I can get it (only occasionally) with my example: ps -ef | grep "\./ans$" | grep -v grep Basically I'm searching the ps output looking for the process I'm interested in and excluding the process that is grepping for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhew
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid ssh :Write failed: Broken pipe?

Hello, I am trying to run some code on Matlab over ssh . The code takes around 5-6 hours to complete. so after giving the command to run it , I locked my machine and then went off to sleep at night, only to discover in the morning that I get this message : ...Code running, partial results... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP error between UNIX to iSeries (Write Failed Broken Pipe)

Hi, I am iseries resource and having Issue in one of the sFTP failures between one of my job (Unix --> iSeries). The response to sending machine (Unix) is "Write Failed Broken Pipe". Appreciate any help Available on why this Issue happens, how can we replicate the same, what fixes can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamelchauhan
1 Replies
connld(7M)							  STREAMS Modules							connld(7M)

NAME
connld - line discipline for unique stream connections SYNOPSIS
#include </sys/steam.h> int ioctl(fd,I_PUSH,"connld"); DESCRIPTION
connld is a STREAMS-based module that provides unique connections between server and client processes. It can only be pushed (see streamio(7I)) onto one end of a STREAMS-based pipe that may subsequently be attached to a name in the file system name space with fat- tach(3C). After the pipe end is attached, a new pipe is created internally when an originating process attempts to open(2) or creat(2) the file system name. A file descriptor for one end of the new pipe is packaged into a message identical to that for the ioctl I_SENDFD (see streamio(7I)) and is transmitted along the stream to the server process on the other end. The originating process is blocked until the server responds. The server responds to the I_SENDFD request by accepting the file descriptor through the I_RECVFD ioctl message. When this happens, the file descriptor associated with the other end of the new pipe is transmitted to the originating process as the file descriptor returned from open(2) or creat(2). If the server does not respond to the I_SENDFD request, the stream that the connld module is pushed on becomes uni-directional because the server will not be able to retrieve any data off the stream until the I_RECVFD request is issued. If the server process exits before issuing the I_RECVFD request, the open(2) or the creat(2) invocation will fail and return -1 to the originating process. When the connld module is pushed onto a pipe, it ignores messages going back and forth through the pipe. ERRORS
On success, an open of connld returns 0. On failure, errno is set to the following values: EINVAL A stream onto which connld is being pushed is not a pipe or the pipe does not have a write queue pointer pointing to a stream head read queue. EINVAL The other end of the pipe onto which connld is being pushed is linked under a multiplexor. EPIPE connld is being pushed onto a pipe end whose other end is no longer there. ENOMEM An internal pipe could not be created. ENXIO An M_HANGUP message is at the stream head of the pipe onto which connld is being pushed. EAGAIN Internal data structures could not be allocated. ENFILE A file table entry could not be allocated. SEE ALSO
creat(2), open(2), fattach(3C), streamio(7I) STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.11 3 May 2004 connld(7M)