Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matching options from ARGV in awk Post 302574812 by CarloM on Friday 18th of November 2011 11:06:25 AM
Old 11-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinu
Is there any way I can group /^-e$/ and /^--examples$/ with | inside match?
Code:
match (ARGV[ARGC-1], /(^-e$|^--examples$)/)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

options with awk

Hi everybody, I have some difficulties to use awk with the right options (as always): i have for example 3 fields: IF-MIB::ifIndex.1 IF-MIB::ifIndex.2 IF-MIB::ifIndex.3 i want to use "while" to access to these records one by one so i wrote this script but it didn t return the right value:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

argv command in awk

hello does anyone knows how can i reach a parameter in awk command line for example p1 f 4 p1 is an awk script. 4 is parameter i want to work with the second parameter i know it has something to do with argv command i just dont know the syntax. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emil2006
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print argv inside awk

mode=$1 psg telnetd | awk current=`date +%M`'{ printf ("mode is %s",mode) printf ("mode is %s",ARGV) }' at command prompt when i run the script along with the argument i get only-- 'mode is ' argument is not printed.(If the argument is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk and checking options

My task is that when the user calls the script 1. If user calls script with awk -v dtmax= -v stdlim= -f ../Scripts/add-rgauss-xt.awk fin.xt > fout.xt rgauss will return mean + (stdlim * sigma) 2. If user calls script with awk -v dtmax= -f ../Scripts/add-rgauss-xt.awk fin.xt > fout.xt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script file command line options

Being new to awk I have a really basic question. It just has to be in the archives but it didn't bite me when I went looking for it. I've written an awk script, placed it in a file, added the "#!/usr/bin/awk -f" at the top of the script and away I go. "% myAwk <inputfile>" gives me exactly what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomr2k
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ISC DHCP ipv4 options and matching ipv6

Hi I am looking to set-up ISC DHCP to support ipv6, and to migrate my existing SUN DHCP ipv4 to ISC, finding the ipv4 options for the SUN DHCP options was ok eg TFTPsrvN = tftp-server-name OptBootF = bootfile-name However if I set up a DHCPv6 does anyone know what the equivalent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

argc/ argv in awk

Hi guys, i'm trying to solve this problem. I have to run something like cat file1.txt | awk -f script.awk 10 if i'm in the awk script, how can i take the parameter :10 ??:wall: i try something like : BEGIN{ var=argv } {..} END{..} but obviously is not correct... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heaven25
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

O argv, argv, wherefore art thou argv?

All of my machines (various open source derivatives on x86 and amd64) store argv above the stack (at a higher memory address). I am curious to learn if any systems store argv below the stack (at a lower memory address). I am particularly interested in proprietary Unices, such as Solaris, HP-UX,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alister
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching dates and remove non-matching

Using the awk below I am able to combine all the matching dates in $1, but I can not seem to remove the non-matching from the file. Thank you :). file 20161109104500.0+0000,x,5631 20161109104500.0+0000,y,2 20161109104500.0+0000,z,2 20161109104500.0+0000,a,4117... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)