Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Help -- documenting specific users that log into server Post 302574684 by pludi on Friday 18th of November 2011 03:30:27 AM
Old 11-18-2011
Welcome to the forums and greetings to Bristol /RWU. And danmero is right, homework goes here, with special rules.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Documenting a Shell Script

I've been working on a very long shell script that's becoming a mini-application. It is my first script, and continues to grow each week, becoming more and more complex. I've been asked to document my script, beginning with basic information and then detailing any information about its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yongho
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Shell script - log for users loggin on and off

Hello all, I'm new to shell scripting and want to make a script that I can write to log the users logging on and off the a unix system. I have had a good look over the past few days to crack it, I think I am getting close. I want a script that runs an infinite loop to check every 5 seconds... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: noodlesoup
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need A Script To List All Failed Log In Users

I need to list all the failed log in users as part of audit report. How can I do so in Linux to find all the audit log records and then upload to a table for future reference. I am using oracle 10g on Linux. Hope I will get a quick response from the experts. Thanks in advance for the tips. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraQ
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor directory size of specific users

Hi, i am new to shell scripts, i need to write a script that can monitor size of directory of specific users. Please help. Thanks, Nitin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksrulz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log to find users who accessed server before

Hi, please provide the steps/commands to find out the user id list who accessed server before i logon same server. Thank you very much ffor all your support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

how to mount specific drive for specific users in ubuntu 11.04?

hi friends ... could u tell me how to mount specific drive (ntfs or fat 32) for specific users in ubuntu 11.04 ? ie ,if there is a user called staff (a desktop user ) ,then he should able to use staff drive only ? thanks in advance ...:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapali255
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to filter users and create them again from a back-up server

This is a script to filter the users out of etc/passwd and etc/group. So if you want to migrate of restore a server you can use this script from a backup to restore and make the same users on you had.. Please feedback and comments. #!/bin/bash prompt_list () { # haal uit de argumenten de... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyvdberg
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Script for Creating more users like 50 in one server

Hi friends could you please share me the script to create more users in one server except newusers, is there any option to change secondary group and how to print passwd and changing the age all these things how can i edit in newsers.. please help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiankrish
0 Replies
ftpmail(1)						      General Commands Manual							ftpmail(1)

NAME
ftpmail - FIFO-based Perl script for sending email based on proftpd TransferLog SYNOPSIS
ftpmail [ --help ] [ --fifo fifo-path ] [ --from email-address ] [ --log xferlog-file ] [ --recipient email-address ] [ --subject email- subject ] [ --smtp-server server-address ] [ --attach-file ] [ --auth smtp-auth-info-file ] [ --ignore-users regex-pattern ] [ --watch- users regex-pattern ] DESCRIPTION
ftpmail is a Perl script designed to read ProFTPD's TransferLog log entries, watching for uploads, and to send an automatic email notifica- tion when uploads occur. To use ftpmail , you configure your proftpd daemon to write its TransferLog to a FIFO; the ftpmail program is a FIFO reading program which then processes those log messages. OPTIONS
--help Display a short usage description, including all available options. --attach-file If used, this will cause a copy of the uploaded file to be included, as an attachment, in the generated email. --auth smtp-auth-info-file Configures the path to a file containing SMTP authentication information. The configured file should look like this: user username password password --fifo fifo-path Indicates the path to the FIFO to which proftpd is writing its TransferLog. That is, this is the path that you used for the TransferLog directive in your proftpd.conf. This parameter is REQUIRED. --from email-address Specifies the email address to use in the From email header. This parameter is REQUIRED. --ignore-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is NOT sent; otherwise, an email is sent. --log xferlog-path Since this script reads the TransferLog using FIFOs, the actual TransferLog file is not written by default. Use this option to write the normal TransferLog file, in addition to watching for uploads. --recipient email-address Specifies an email address to which to send an email notification of the upload. This option can be used multiple times to specify multiple recipients. AT LEAST ONE recipient is REQUIRED. --smtp-server server-address Specifies the SMTP server to which to send the email. This parameter is REQUIRED. --subject subject Specify a custom Subject email header for the email sent. The default Subject is: User '$user' uploaded file '$file' via FTP --watch-users regex-pattern Specifies a Perl regular expression. If the uploading user name matches this regular expression, then an email notification is sent; otherwise, no email is sent. FILES
/var/log/xferlog AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
proftpd(8), xferlog(5) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2011 ftpmail(1)