Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCP Failing - In Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SCP Failing - In Script Post 302574661 by mohrsville12 on Friday 18th of November 2011 12:05:02 AM
Old 11-18-2011
SCP Failing - In Script

I create a file that may contain several full path name files on a remote Linux that are to be copied. This file, called AWKOUTPUT is created from another script.
It contains:

Code:
X/picture1.png

The script is very simple
-------------------------------------------
Code:
REMOTEDIR="/var/CC/Stuff"
for i in `cat AWKOUTPUT`
 do
  echo $i
 scp user1@host:$REMOTEDIR/$i ./
done

--------------------------------------------
The scp fails indicating the file doesn't exist.
If I run scp manually it works fine, so the file does exist.
If I change the script to

--------------------------------------------

Code:
FILE="/var/CC/Stuff/X/picture1.png"
scp user1@host:$FILE ./

----------------------------------------------

it works fine.

If I add the -v option to scp the debug output cmd sent looks fine

Code:
debug1: Sending command: scp -v -f /var/CC/Stuff/X/Picture1.png
Sending file modes: C0644 739478 Picture1.png

Any suggestions ?

Last edited by pludi; 11-18-2011 at 06:28 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX script failing ....

Hi folks, I have written down a UNIX script which actually FTP the file to other server. What is happening now , this script is not working only for 1 server , as it is working for 32 different FTP server . In this particular server , we are getting message “FTp:550 access denied”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF condition failing in a SSH script

Hi, I'm ssh-in to a remote machine (ubuntu) and trying to execute a little script in there.The script looks like this: ssh user@ubuntu <<EOF cd ~/test ls -l echo "Continue counting files starting with a`s ?" read answer if then ls -l a* else exit fi EOF Now everything works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubionis
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

failing a unix script

i am basically DWH professional. I want to write a script such that whenver the file size is greather than 0 the script fails plz help me in this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Serializing script Failing for more commands

I have a reqirement to serialise various rsh scripts that hit my server from an external scheduler. No matter how many scripts come via rsh, only one should execute at a time and others should wait. I have made the scheduler make a request to my shell script with the command to be run as a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkamatam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

6. Solaris

oracle cron script failing.

I have this oracle script which my dba is trying to run as a cron job that fails. attached is the script. It seems to run when executed by itself but just not when scheduled. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running for one iteration and failing the second one

Hi, I am using Tclexpect to automation testing on switches and using regexp and the buffer outputs the program is running well for one iteration and failing the second one... can anyone please guide me what is the mistake i am making? Thanks Here is the small version of the program, while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roh_20022002
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running in parallel failing!

Hi, I have a single script that was running fine in parallel on Linux 2.6.9-89 now it has been upgraded to Linux 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5 and the script has started to fail unpredictably. Is this an upgrade issue? As the script runs fine for some parallel threads while fails for others. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panna
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script test failing

Testing some old script developed by different user. #!/usr/bin/sh case "$0" in */*) cmd="$0";; *) cmd=`which "$0"`;; esac dir=`dirname "$cmd"` node="$dir/." echo $node below two simple tests are failing, I am not seeing any Control+M characters in the script file and I am not able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab script failing

Hello, A crontab script is failiing everyday but when we execute manually it runs fine Below is the script scheduled: 00 23 * * * sh /db2backup/scripts/db2_hot_backup.ksh TRAVFF > /dev/null 2>&1 Error: cat TRAVFF_online_04022014_2300.log Started : Wed Apr 2 23:00:00 EDT 2014... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux