Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Performing Batch ftp without .netrc Post 302574633 by fpmurphy on Thursday 17th of November 2011 07:57:07 PM
Old 11-17-2011
One way would be to write an expect script. There are many examples of such expect scripts on this site.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.netrc multiple ftp jobs to same machine

I have an ftp user, which has been setup to run ftp jobs to a specific machine (different jobs). for the first job i created .netrc in the ftp users home directory and added the appropriate commands machine FTPBOX01 login user1 password xxx macdef init etc etc get file bye I use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.netrc and ftp issue

Ok guys (gals?) Im new here as a member, but have come here many times to find answers to questions. Have played with Unix (ATT Sys 5) and now Linux (RH)... I told myself I wanst going to ask for help on the current project..but.. I am down to what I think is the last issue: (and I KNOW the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: txdave
3 Replies

3. AIX

.netrc and ftp

Hello all, I am using a .netrc to automatically access an ftp host. Here is the line I use... machine 412.blank.com login nw\mylogin password ******* when I use this command... ftp 412.blank.com I get... Connected to 412.blank.com. 220 server_7 FTP server (EMC-SNAS: 5.5.25.2)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikalpnoi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP/nmap/.netrc

So... I'm trying to script and FTP Backup of some files from openVMS Alpha machine to a Unixware 7 machine. I decided to use .netrc to do all the FTP actions however when I send the nmap command. It pretty much gets ignored while even other things such "ascii", "case" etc.. get respected... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thesubmitter
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

6. AIX

.netrc and Automatic ftp problem

Guy's We have two AIX servers Server1 and Server2 and we have created user1 in Server1 and Server2 ... and .netrc file was confiured under /home/user1 with the below line machine server2 login user1 password abc1234567 -rw------- 1 user1 staff 159 Sep 28 2004 .netrc ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating ftp without .netrc

I'm writing a script which needs to run under an 'automation' account and there is already a .netrc machine definition for the server I need to connect to. If I create a new machine entry in the .netrc with a different account this will, of course, be ignored and the ftp session will connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakS
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in batch mode

HI, Need to ftp a bunch of files in a directory in batch mode. TRying to ftp a single file first with below code. #!/bin/ksh function ftp_files { ftp -n ${D2_SRVR} <<-EOF quote user ${D2_UID} quote pass ${D2_PWD} cd ${D2_DIR}/${D2_NAME} lcd ${D1_DIR}/${D1_NAME}/dml/ put file1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in .netrc file for ftp login

Hi, i have a doubt. i am using .netrc file for login to a ftp server. ftp abc.ftp.com suppose i have 2 userid and password for the same server as shown below. which one is it going to read from the .netrc file? cat .netrc machine abc.ftp.com login admin1 password pass1 machine... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying port for ftp when using .netrc

Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to specify a particular port for an FTP address within a .netrc file ? i have a script which opens the ftp to a machine and then instigates .netrc to login etc.. within .netrc i need it to go to a particular port to enable me to automate the dropping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forefather1977
2 Replies
EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)					      System Manager's Manual						EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)

NAME
exim_convert4r4 - Convert Exim configuration from v3 to v4 format SYNOPSIS
exim_convert4r4 DESCRIPTION
This script is provided to assist in updating Exim configuration files. It reads an Exim 3 configuration file on the standard input, and writes a modified file on the standard output. It also writes comments about what it has done to the standard error file. It assumes that the input is a valid Exim 3 configuration file. A typical call to the conversion script might be exim_convert4r4 < /etc/exim/exim.conf > /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.new The output file MUST be checked and tested before trying to use it on a live system. The conversion script is just an aid which does a lot of the "grunt work". It does not guarantee to produce an Exim 4 configuration that behaves exactly the same as the Exim 3 configuration it reads. Each option change in the new file is preceded by an identifying comment. In fact, the conversion script tends to make quite a mess of your configuration, and you should expect to go through it afterwards and tidy it up by hand. Unless you are running a very straightforward configuration, the automatic conversion is likely to generate a non-optimal configuration. You should not only check it thoroughly, but also run as many tests as you can, to ensure that it is working as you expect. In particular, you should test address routing, using -bt and -bv, and the policy controls, using -bh. If possible, you should also do some live tests (i.e. send and receive some messages) before putting Exim 4 into service. If you have a very complicated configuration, it is possible that exim_convert4r4 will break it in some situations, which is why thorough testing is strongly recommended. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), the files in /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/, especially Exim4.upgrade.gz AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from Exim4.upgrade by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIM_CONVERT4R4(8)