Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Multi session dvd using cdrecord Post 302574624 by jgt on Thursday 17th of November 2011 06:22:33 PM
Old 11-17-2011
Multi session dvd using cdrecord

I wrote the following script after reading a tutorial, but...
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh                                      
DATE=`date +"%y%m%d%H%M"`                           
echo $DATE                                          
FILENAME=`echo "obase = 16\n $DATE"|bc`             
echo $FILENAME                                      
cd /                                                
tar ctvf /home/$FILENAME.tar u >/dev/null           
cd /home                                            
gzip $FILENAME.tar                                  
mv $FILENAME.tar.gz $FILENAME.tgz                   
POSITION=`cdrecord -msinfo`                         
echo $POSITION                                      
mkisofs -o $FILENAME.iso -C $POSITION $FILENAME.tgz 
cdrecord -sao -multi $FILENAME.iso

but when I run
Code:
cdrecord -msinfo

afterwards, it always says 0,0
The media is DVD-RW
What I had hoped would happen is that the latest backup would be appended to the dvd.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDRECORD & Multisession

I'm new to all this cdrecord and I'm struggling trying to create backups on a DVD-RW disk using a NEC DVD writer that supports PACKET & SAO modes. I've created two cd images by: mkisofs -r -J -l -L -o /file1.iso /mnt mkisofs -r -J -l -L -o /file2.iso /mnt Then burned the first image to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifleet2007
0 Replies

2. Programming

cdrecord frontend for dvd burning

I came across a small script called pyBurn (attached) which is a frontend for cdrecord. But it only burns cd's and doesn't even recognize my dvd-burner. I'm still learning python (very early stages) so I can't do much with it... is it possible to make it burn dvd's too? (I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: el mariachi
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Cannot use multi session with OpenOffice 3 Solaris 10

Hi all, I wonder anyone ever have my problem like me. I install OpenOffice(OO) 3.0 on a Solaris 10 server( ./setup without option). ( ./setup -net it realease this Now my problem is I cannot open OO from 1 user with 2 sessions ( X Manager) Or i just can use 2 different user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
4 Replies

4. Linux

How to make multi os installatin DVD

i want to make an install dvd with os's Wiun xp redhat Linux 5 i tried with MagicISO but after making always says redhat checksome error while checking created ISO file in VMWARE Workstation and Microsoft virtualpc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'

I am getting an error similar to this when I try to watch dvd's. Every program has a similar version of this. unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'For VLC I have found a way to fix it. CD/DVD Drive not working VLC error (SOLVED) (Page 1) - Help & Support (Stable) - CrunchBang Linux Forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
GNUNET-UNINDEX(1)					      General Commands Manual						 GNUNET-UNINDEX(1)

NAME
gnunet-unindex - a command line interface for deleting indexed files from GNUnet SYNOPSIS
gnunet-unindex [OPTIONS] FILENAME DESCRIPTION
gnunet-unindex is used for deleting indexed files from GNUnet. -c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME use config file (defaults: ~/.gnunet/gnunet.conf) -h, --help print help page -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL Change the loglevel. Possible values for LOGLEVEL are NOTHING, ERROR, WARNING, INFO and DEBUG. -v, --version print the version number -V, --verbose be verbose NOTES
You can only unindex files that you indexed and that you still have available locally in full. You should use gnunet-unindex on files that you indexed (not inserted) and that you are going to delete or move locally. FILES ~/.gnunet/gnunet.conf GNUnet configuration file REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
gnunet-fs-gtk(1), gnunet-publish(1), gnunet-search(1), gnunet-download(1), gnunet.conf(5) GNUnet 6 Sep 2009 GNUNET-UNINDEX(1)