Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rename numbered files to numbered files with leading zeroes Post 302574581 by vgersh99 on Thursday 17th of November 2011 03:51:33 PM
Old 11-17-2011
if all your file names are in the file pau.txt:
Code:
log1.dat
log2.dat
log3.dat
log6.dat
log10.dat
log6000.dat

Code:
nawk -F'.' '{a=$1;sub("[^0-9]+", "",a);printf("mv %s  scatter_params_%04d.dat\n", $0, a)}' pau.txt

once satisfied with the results pipe the above to 'sh':
Code:
nawk -F'.' '{a=$1;sub("[^0-9]+", "",a);printf("mv %s  scatter_params_%04d.dat\n", $0, a)}' pau.txt | sh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting numbered variables

Normally I would post in the shell scripting area, but this is so basic I thought I'd best put it in the dummy area! I want to set a series of numbered variables. I have a loop which increments a variable called $i with each loop. I want to name variables with this number e.g. var1, var2, var3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michaeltravisuk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through numbered filenames

Hi I'm very new to this script thing, so please be gentle. I am trying to get a command - the mach2qtl command in the code below - to loop through a set of files. Each command should take the same two .dat and .ped files, but the .mlinfo and .mlprob files with filenames including 'chrom1' ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete first number of even-numbered lines

Hello ! I am trying to delete a number from the even-numbered lines of a pipeline after having extracted and sorted the desired data from an original text file using sed... sed -r 's/\(*\)*\((*)\),*,*,(*)*: * \w*\=(*).*/\3,\1/g' | sort -n then the data looks like : Now, I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBeginner
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing even numbered files

Hi All, Could you please help in this case? Case: there's a directory 'CKMDB' in this directory, there are 30 files named in this manner 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt .... 30.txt Could you please guide me how to list only even numbered files like 2.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xsam
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with generating m3u files in numbered directories

Hello: First, I have no idea what to search for on this task, so I'll just spell it out. I have the Bible in Audio format and each book is in a directory of it's own. 01 to 66 accordingly. I need a script to walk through each of them and ls *.mp3 > directory|book.m3u without the preceding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

join files with numbered index

Hi all I´m a newbie so maybe this question will make someone mad. I am trying this command; join -a1 -11 file1 file2 > file3 file1 looks like: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 file2: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awe1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming numbered files

Hi there, I've got a set of files that are named as follows: image_N1_8letters.jpg image_N2_8letters.jpg ... image_N10_8letters.jpg image_N11_8letters.jpg .... image_N100_8letters.jpg image_N101_8letters.jpg with the "8letters" bit always consisting of 8 but always different... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjartan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract data from numbered files using linux in the numerical order-

Hi experts, I have a list of files containing forces as the only number as follows. Force1.txt Force2.txt Force3.txt Force4.txt Force5.txt . . . . . . . . . Force100.txt I want to put all the data(only a number ) in these forces files in the file with the same order like 1,2,3 ..100 .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting - Select multiple files from numbered list

I am trying to have the user select two files from a numbered list which will eventually be turned into a variable then combined. This is probably something simple and stupid that I am doing. clear echo "Please Select the Show interface status file" select FILE1 in *; echo "Please Select the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dis0wned
3 Replies
pymcaroitool(1) 					 PyMca X-Ray Fluorescence Toolkit					   pymcaroitool(1)

NAME
pymcaroitool - PyMca region-of-interest imaging X application SYNOPSIS
pymcaroitool [OPTIONS]... [FILE(S)] DESCRIPTION
Start the graphical user interface of the PyMca X-Ray Fluorescence Toolkit region-of-interest imaging tool. This tool is best suited for handling datasets that can be represented by three-dimensional arrays. Typical cases are stacks of images (first dimension is image number) or 2D maps of 1D spectra (last dimension is spectrum channel number). It allows to display maps of particular regions of the spectra or spectra of a particular region of the map. A system of plugins allow to extend the capabilities of this tool. Plugins for multivariate analysis are already built in. If FILE is given, it will be opened in the program provided its format is supported. EXAMPLES
pymcaroitool Start the program with a file browser to select the input files. pymcaroitool file_0001.edf Tries to open the file named file_0001.edf and all indexed files of the form file_????.edf where ???? is a number. pymcaroitool --imagestack=1 file_0001.edf Tries to open the file named file_0001.edf and all indexed files of the form file_????.edf where ???? is a number as a set of images. pymcaroitool uncompressed_tiff_file_0001.tif Tries to open a series of uncompressed TIFF files as an image stack. pymcaroitool --begin=100 --end=200 --filepattern=file_%05d.edf Start the program loading the single indexed files from file_00100.edf to file_00200.edf pymcaroitool --begin=10,100 --end=20,200 --filepattern=row%d_col%03d.dat Load the double indexed files from row10_col100.dat, row10_col101.dat, ... to row20_col00199.dat, row20_col00200.dat CAVEATS
If files f_000.xxx and f_001.xxx are present in the same directory, the program will always try to load both of them unless a cumbersome way using a file pattern is used. SEE ALSO
HDF5, h5py ESRF
March 2012 pymcaroitool(1)