Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Upgrade Query
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Upgrade Query Post 302574342 by christr on Thursday 17th of November 2011 06:14:23 AM
Old 11-17-2011
That's good information to have for reference. Thanks!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Live Upgrade Query

I am upgrading Solaris-9 Update-7 to Solaris-9 Update-9 through live upgrade. I am able to create another boot environment and have OS DVD inside server. But i am confused for, what command/path should I give for luupgrade. OS DVD is mounted on /mnt Boot environments are Solaris9old (Active now)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Live upgrade query

Hi All, Is it possible to use external san disk for creating alternate boot environment and boot from it.My root disk is about 70 gb and i want to use external san disk for 272gb to create alternate boot environment.If this is possible can you please redirect me some good documents, i had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

3. Solaris

M5000 XSCF upgrade, query about OBP

Hi, I'm planning to upgrade the XSCF firmware on an M5000, and have a question regarding the OBP part of the upgrade. At the moment, the system looks like this: XCP0 (Current): 1100 OpenBoot PROM : 02.18.0000 XSCF : 01.10.0000 root@server01 # /usr/sbin/prtconf -V OBP 4.24.15... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

4. AIX

Query regd TL upgrade

I am new to AIX administration and am trying to upgrade my current TL from 6100-05 to 6100-07 , I had a look at the fix central and I have downloaded one which says TL 6100-07-00-1140 and other which says service pack 6100-07-05-1228. I have two test machines and I have applied directly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
0 Replies
STR_WORD_COUNT(3)							 1							 STR_WORD_COUNT(3)

str_word_count - Return information about words used in a string

SYNOPSIS
mixed str_word_count (string $string, [int $format], [string $charlist]) DESCRIPTION
Counts the number of words inside $string. If the optional $format is not specified, then the return value will be an integer representing the number of words found. In the event the $format is specified, the return value will be an array, content of which is dependent on the $format. The possible value for the $format and the resultant outputs are listed below. For the purpose of this function, 'word' is defined as a locale dependent string containing alphabetic characters, which also may contain, but not start with "'" and "-" characters. PARAMETERS
o $string - The string o $format - Specify the return value of this function. The current supported values are: o 0 - returns the number of words found o 1 - returns an array containing all the words found inside the $string o 2 - returns an associative array, where the key is the numeric position of the word inside the $string and the value is the actual word itself o $charlist - A list of additional characters which will be considered as 'word' RETURN VALUES
Returns an array or an integer, depending on the $format chosen. CHANGELOG
+--------+--------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Added the $charlist parameter | | | | +--------+--------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 A str_word_count(3) example <?php $str = "Hello fri3nd, you're looking good today!"; print_r(str_word_count($str, 1)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 2)); print_r(str_word_count($str, 1, 'aaac3')); echo str_word_count($str); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri [2] => nd [3] => you're [4] => looking [5] => good [6] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [6] => fri [10] => nd [14] => you're [29] => looking [46] => good [51] => today ) Array ( [0] => Hello [1] => fri3nd [2] => you're [3] => looking [4] => good [5] => today ) 7 SEE ALSO
explode(3), preg_split(3), split(3), count_chars(3), substr_count(3). PHP Documentation Group STR_WORD_COUNT(3)