Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: facing problem using su
Operating Systems AIX facing problem using su Post 302574078 by manoj.solaris on Wednesday 16th of November 2011 11:39:42 AM
Old 11-16-2011
Question facing problem using su

Hi,

I am able to login using su - or su directly ,

# prompt is coming, it doesnt ask for password.

any normal user on aix system is login using su - or su .

Please suggest where to change the configuration

direct root login is disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing a problem in redirection

Hi, I am doing this perl script print (@line(1..15)); the lines 1 to 15 get printed... how can i redirect this to file? thanks and regards vivek.s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing problem with cut command

hi , i used ls -ltr | cut -f 1 > \dev\tty but all teh coulmns r getting printed instead of only one........how can i resolve this? prob 2 : wud be able start cutting from last field......supposing in the case of dyanmic list.i dunno the field number of last column.......so is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
3 Replies

3. Solaris

please help as i am facing problem with uptime

Hi I am getting the uptime output as follows 12:40am up 4 day(s), 18:29, 2 users, load average: 38.97, 36.54, 34.89 The load average is too high . I have checked the processes , but no process is taking too much cpu time Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy009
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Facing problem with zone

i am using this way to create zone1 and zone2 bash-2.05b# zonecfg -z zone1 zone1: No such zone configured Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone. zonecfg:zone1> create zonecfg:zone1> set zonepath=/zone/1 zonecfg:zone1> set autoboot=true zonecfg:zone1> add net zonecfg:zone1:net>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem facing in if -else condition

can u plz tell me where is the error echo enter the filename to be searched read fname if #-d $fname then echo file exists if then echo itsa directory elif then echo its readable cat $fname else echo its not readable fi else ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gotam
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Facing Problem with metaset in SVM

hi all, i am using solaris 5.10 on sun blade 150 and i am trying to configure diskset in sun volume manager. When i fire the following command, it says some rpc related error. bash-3.00# metaset -s kingston -a -h u15_9 metaset: u15_9: metad client create: RPC: Program not registered how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing problem in incrementing the variable

When I did, echo $SHELL in cmd prompt of putty, its displaying /bin/sh And in my shell script., I hav started with., #!/bin/sh and i=1; while ; do . . . i=$; (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing command using shell

Dear Brothers! Need your help for the case where I am running one command on prompt and its giving us the correct output, but when i use the same command from shell its directs no output.:wall: the command on command prompt is ls -ltrh * | nawk '{if ($5~ '/$'M'/') print $9}' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data re-arrangement problem facing

Input file: <symbol>Q9Y8G1</symbol> <name>Q9Y8G1_EMENI</name> <symbol>Q6V953</symbol> <symbol>Q5B8K1</symbol> <name>Q6V953_EMENI</name> <symbol>G1A416</symbol> <name>G1A416_9FUNG</name> <symbol>D4N894</symbol> <name>D4N894_PLEER</name> <symbol>B0FFU4</symbol>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
13 Replies
sulogin(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sulogin(1M)

NAME
sulogin - access single-user mode SYNOPSIS
sulogin DESCRIPTION
The sulogin utility is automatically invoked by init when the system is first started. It prompts the user to type the root password to enter system maintenance mode (single-user mode) or to type EOF (typically <CTRL-D>) for normal startup (multi-user mode). The user should never directly invoke sulogin. The sulogin utility can prompt the user to enter the root password on a variable number of serial console devices, in addition to the tra- ditional console device. See consadm(1M) and msglog(7D) for a description of how to configure a serial device to display the single-user login prompt. FILES
/etc/default/sulogin Default value can be set for the following flag: PASSREQ Determines if login requires a password. Default is PASSREQ=YES. /etc/default/login Default value can be set for the following flag: SLEEPTIME If present, sets the number of seconds to wait before login failure is printed to the screen and another login attempt is allowed. Default is 4 seconds. Minimum is 0 seconds. Maximum is 5 seconds. Both su(1M) and login(1) are affected by the value of SLEEPTIME. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
login(1), consadm(1M), init(1M), su(1M), attributes(5), msglog(7D) SunOS 5.10 25 Sep 2002 sulogin(1M)