Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't backup more than ~1TB.
Operating Systems AIX Can't backup more than ~1TB. Post 302574000 by petervg on Wednesday 16th of November 2011 08:34:49 AM
Old 11-16-2011
Thanks for the warning.

/backup is 800GB so I hope not to touch the 16TB soon :-)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

2. Solaris

mounting 1TB hard disk with Solaris10 X86

I have a 1TB hard disk that I had partitioned on a Sun clone and had 7 partitions of 137GB a piece. (Using a USB to SATA adaptor) I then had loaded a new hard disk on my laptop (T60...Lenova) with Solaris 10 X86. I tried to mount the hard disk but it kept telling me the mount point was busy and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD 7.1 Rel install on 1TB won't load

Hi Folks, Have anyone install FreeBSD on 1TB hard drive and have problem like not able to boot into the system? Well, I just purchase a new Maxtor 1TB SATA 300 hard drive and install FreeBSD on it, everything install well, but then reboot and all I get is just a display cursor.... nothing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdme2
0 Replies

4. Linux

mdadm - Swapping 500GB disks for 1TB

Hi, I have a three disk raid 5, with 500GB disks. This is close to being full, and whilst I can just add another disk and rebuild to add another 500GB, I would prefer to replace with 1TB disks. So i have some questions. Can I replace these disks one by one with bigger disks? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoop2048
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Multiple Backups to USB 1TB Drives using dd

First of all, great web site! I have been using it for a while but just registered today. It's been a great resource for me. Now, on to my issue.;) I'm geographically separated from six (Sun v245s) development servers that I have been asked to backup and restore as development is done and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShawnD41
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Attaching 1TB external drive to SunFire v880

Hi I have a 1TB external drive that I want to attach to a SunFire v880 server which runs on Solaris 9. After attaching the external drive what commands should I issue so that the drive will be seen by the server? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file into chunks of 1TB

Hi I have a file with different filesystems with there sizes. I need to split them in chucks of 1TB. The file looks like vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 187428400 10601AW1 vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 479504596 10604AW1 vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 19940 10605AID vf_MTLHQNASF07_Wkgp2 1242622044... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
4 Replies
dgcfgbackup(1M) 														   dgcfgbackup(1M)

NAME
dgcfgbackup - create or update VxVM volume group configuration backup file SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/dgcfgbackup [-f dg_conf_path ] dg_name DESCRIPTION
The dgcfgbackup command saves the VxVM configuration for a disk group in a default or alternate configuration backup file (see the descrip- tion of the-f option). By default, dgcfgbackup is run automatically each time that a VxVM command changes the VxVM configuration. In this case, it always uses the default configuration backup file. An existing default configuration backup file is renamed with an extension of .old. Options and Arguments dg_name Specifies the name of a disk group. -f dg_conf_path Saves the configuration using an alternate file name specified by dg_conf_path. If this option is omitted, the default file name is /etc/vxvmconf/dg_name.conf. EXIT CODES
dgcfgbackup exits with a zero status on successful completion. An non-zero exit status indicates that errors occurred when information from the disk group was being accessed. EXAMPLES
Back up VxVM configuration information for disk group testdg in the default backup file /etc/vxvmconf/testdg.conf: dgcfgbackup testdg Back up VxVM configuration information for disk group datadg in the alternate configuration backup file /tmp/datadg.backup: dgcfgbackup -f /tmp/datadg.backup datadg NOTES
It is recommended that any alternate configuration backup file be created in the root file system (as is the case with the default path name). This facilitates disk group recovery during maintenance mode, such as after a system crash. AUTHOR
dgcfgbackup was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
dgcfgrestore(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 dgcfgbackup(1M)