Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating Dynamic Input or daa files Post 302573727 by zaxxon on Tuesday 15th of November 2011 10:30:34 AM
Old 11-15-2011
Bumping up posts or double posting is not permitted in these forums.

Please read the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

You may receive an infraction for this. If so, don't worry, just try to follow the rules more carefully. The infraction will expire in the near future

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.

Continue here:
https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-que...g-process.html

-closed-

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array in ksh

Hi, Is it possible to create a dynamic array in shell script. I am trying to get the list of logfiles that created that day and put it in a dynamic array. I am not sure about it. help me New to scripting Gundu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating dynamic shell script

Hello I am trying to create a dynamic ksh script and I have an issue. I have a script a.ksh and it has got the following lines (for example) #!/bin/ksh # trace mode +x : without trace -x : with trace set +xv echo hi, i am going to create a dynamic script now cat >> dynamic.ks <<EOF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundarkumars
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array

i want to create an array the array elements are populated depending upon the number of entries present in a data file The data file is created dynamically how to achieve the same thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating files and getting input from another file

I have a file where i have files name with absolute path. Ex: files.dat and contents are: /root/xy/yz/zz/abc.txt /root/xx/yy/zz/ac.txt /root/xz/yz/zx/bc.txt /root/xy/yz/zx/abcd.txt now i want to create all above files(dummy files and can be 0 byte). i thought of using touch but it doesn't... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with creating dynamic tcl displays

I'm fairly new to tcl scripting and could use a little help. I have a simple list file that will be of unknown size (somewhere between 10 to 20 names). I'd like to create a gui that has a checkbutton for each name in the list and a single action button that will do something for all the checkboxes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a dynamic case statement

I'm using the korn shell and trying to create a case statement from the contents of a file that is changed regularly, each line of the file has three fields, eg track1 202.111.111.111 99 room7 222.111.222.333 76 I'm using awk to select each variable. I've been unable to figure out how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic input to a script

Hi All, I am stuck in a situation where there is a script, say test1.tcsh which is being called from another script ,say test2.tcsh test1.tcsh:- #!/usr/local/bin/tcsh echo -n "Do you wanna test ??" set answ = $< echo $answ if ($answ =~ "y") then echo -n "enter your name <" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavyak
1 Replies

8. Web Development

MYSQL: Creating Dynamic Table Names 5.1

Hey everyone. Thanks for looking at this. I'm trying to create a table with the dynamic name of TableName + today's date. My variables are all happily created but the system chokes when I try to create the new table name example: Set @BFBW = CONCAT("BFBW", CURDATE()); Select @BFBW; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating Dynamic Variables from a Flat File

Greetings all, Been trying to do my Googling and forum searches but can't seem to lock in on a solution. I have a script that parses a log and collects all the uniq events to a flat file. Some days might have 50 unique events, other days might have 75. (Hence my reference to dynamic.) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjrupp
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a dynamic UNIX menu with input files

Hi! I am looking to build dynamic menu (named: lookup.sh) that reads a pipe delimited file for input. for example, contents of input.txt could be: user1|srv1 user3|srv1 user4|srv1 user2|srv2 I want the menu look like: 1) get password for user1 on srv1 2) get password for user3 on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
7 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_COMPRESS(1)