Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Upgrade Query
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Upgrade Query Post 302573719 by bartus11 on Tuesday 15th of November 2011 10:17:20 AM
Old 11-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
this statement is wrong. the "liveupgrade" utility is specialy for doing upgrades in all forms possible! including major and minor solaris upgrades and also for patching! and "luupgrade" is the command you need for this. you can also use the cli-tool (lu) for having a more "graphical" aproach.

DN2
As far as I remember "lu" is not preferred or supported Live Upgrade interface.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Live Upgrade Query

I am upgrading Solaris-9 Update-7 to Solaris-9 Update-9 through live upgrade. I am able to create another boot environment and have OS DVD inside server. But i am confused for, what command/path should I give for luupgrade. OS DVD is mounted on /mnt Boot environments are Solaris9old (Active now)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Live upgrade query

Hi All, Is it possible to use external san disk for creating alternate boot environment and boot from it.My root disk is about 70 gb and i want to use external san disk for 272gb to create alternate boot environment.If this is possible can you please redirect me some good documents, i had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
1 Replies

3. Solaris

M5000 XSCF upgrade, query about OBP

Hi, I'm planning to upgrade the XSCF firmware on an M5000, and have a question regarding the OBP part of the upgrade. At the moment, the system looks like this: XCP0 (Current): 1100 OpenBoot PROM : 02.18.0000 XSCF : 01.10.0000 root@server01 # /usr/sbin/prtconf -V OBP 4.24.15... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

4. AIX

Query regd TL upgrade

I am new to AIX administration and am trying to upgrade my current TL from 6100-05 to 6100-07 , I had a look at the fix central and I have downloaded one which says TL 6100-07-00-1140 and other which says service pack 6100-07-05-1228. I have two test machines and I have applied directly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
0 Replies
updatemanager(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 updatemanager(1M)

NAME
updatemanager - start the Sun Update Manager application SYNOPSIS
updatemanager DESCRIPTION
The updatemanager command starts the Sun Update Manager application. The Sun Update Manager is a graphical user interface (GUI) that you can use to manage updates and patches on your Solaris system. For more information about using this application, see the Sun Update Manager 1.0 Administration Guide in the Sun Update Connection, System Edition Collection on docs.sun.com. You can also manage updates and patches on the command line by using the smpatch command. See the smpatch(1M) man page. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWupdatemgru | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smpatch(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 11 Oct 2005 updatemanager(1M)