Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers if statements in shell to compare value Post 302573696 by vbe on Tuesday 15th of November 2011 09:22:50 AM
Old 11-15-2011
So possible errors: spaces required... ; then etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script cant recognize if else compare

hi I face the problem the if else statement dint return correct result for me my script as below: #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF connect databaseuser/password column num new_value num format 9999 set head off select count(*) num from table1; exit num EOF if ; then echo "$?"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaseloh
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote shell script containing sql statements

I have a shell script which resides on three SCO machines containing some simple sqlplus statments. I need to run these scripts remotely. Currently, I am trying to use rsh to do so: rsh hostname myscript args The problem is that the arguments to the sqlplus statements in the remote shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madbreaks
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to compare text value in shell

Hi, I need to check that if user is not oracle the the script should exit out . But the below script always exits evenif I am logged as oracle. Plz help me........... USER=`id` echo $USER if ; then echo " You are logged as `id` , it must be oracle " exit 2 fi Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply2soumya
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compare two files using shell script

hi experts please help me to compare two files which are in different directory file1<file will be master file> (/home/rev/mas.txt} ex x1 x2 file2 <will be in different folder> (/home/rev/per/.....) ex x3 x4 the filesinside per folder i need to compare with master file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revenna
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Would like to know how to use the IF...THEN...ELSE statements in C shell

Hi I've only been using Unix for a few weeks but am really impressed with its capabilities and ease of use. I am, however, struggling with a shell script at the moment. I would like automated reports on Disk Usage and available free space. I've written a straight forward script that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: huskie69
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through a shell script with sql statements

Hello members, I'm working on the Solaris environment and the DB i'm using is Oracle 10g. Skeleton of what I'm attempting; Write a ksh script to perform the following. I have no idea how to include my sql query within a shell script and loop through the statements. Have therefore given a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice82
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we use two shebang statements in a single shell script?

Hi, As per my understanding, we can use two shebang statements in a single shell script. Please see below snippet- #!/bin/bash .......## some code A #!/bin/csh .......## some code B exit 0; Here, code A will be executed using bash shell and code B will be executed with c shell. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunmudgal4u
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell – File Compare

All, I have a set of files in the Source , e-g Afile.DAT Bfile.DAT Cfile.DAT .... AAfile.DAT ...etc I will know for sure the list of file name before I copy the same from the Source area Before I copy the files to Target , I need to make sure that I have received all the files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanks
5 Replies

9. Programming

Shell script - if statements dont work

hi all, i have made a shell script and it runs until it reaches the if statement, doesn't the ! mean only if the command fails it will echo me that message and then exit can anyone please help me what is wrong with my code? many thanks, rob #!/bin/bash echo "is this archive... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple expect/send statements not working in shell script

Hi I am trying the following in my bash script which logs into my machine and runs a command. Trying to solve this using expect. The first expect statement is hit and it enters the address "10.10.0.10" but when the second expect statement is hit it exits #!/bin/bash expect -c ' spawn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skorada
2 Replies
lltag_formats(5)						File Formats Manual						  lltag_formats(5)

NAME
formats - Internal formats database file for lltag DESCRIPTION
The internal format database is usually stored in /etc/lltag/formats. The user may override this file by defining a $HOME/.lltag/formats. If this file exists, the system-wide one is ignored. These files contain entries starting with a line such as: [%n - %a - %t] A title between bracket that will be displayed at runtime. Then, the following 3 lines must be given to explain how the format is actually used to parse filenames: type = basename The type is either basename (to parse the last part of the path to a file) or path (to parse the directory part of the path to a file). When actually parsing the path to target files, basename and path parsers will be assembled. All possible combination will be tried. regexp = %L%N%S-%S%A%S-%S%A%L A string composed of any characters, with the following special fields: %L for delimiter (empty by default, multiple spaces if --spaces was given) %S for a space (or multiple spaces if --spaces was given) %N for numbers %A for an alphanumeric string without / %P for any path (alphanumeric string with /) %% for % indices = NUMBER,ARTIST,TITLE A list of fields to match (either given by their full name or associated letter) corresponding to each %N or %A field in the previ- ous format. It may be AUTHOR (or a), ALBUM (A), GENRE (g), NUMBER (n), TITLE (t), DATE (d), COMMENT (c) or IGNORE (i). See also FORMAT in the manpage of lltag for details about these fields. SEE ALSO
lltag(1) AUTHOR
Brice Goglin NOVEMBER 2006 lltag_formats(5)