Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting difficulty in formatting a file. Post 302573495 by guptam on Monday 14th of November 2011 06:06:58 PM
Old 11-14-2011
thanks..

BUT

if there are three distinct status .....
then i want three different files containing rows of respective status.

to make it more clear i hv edited my output file in my previous post ......
plz refer

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having difficulty with UNIX concept. Please help!

Hi, I would be very happy if someone could help me please. I am relatively new to UNIX, and still learning. My understanding of things are: Say I have a PC running Windows. This machine has a name. If I have 10 PC's, then I have 10 names, one for each PC. Each PC is independent of the other.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALon
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse Proxy difficulty

Hi I am trying to set up two hosts in a reverse proxy. The reverse proxy already has 8 servers running perfectly, but they are all simply mapping pure addresses, which I have registered internally and externally. The latest two I wish to add are a bit different, they are app servers, one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rboekdrukker
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Difficulty

Hi, I am trying to upload a file to a SQL database table. The column type is IMAGE. I am looking for a solution to upload a word doc file. I tried 3 approaches. 1) my $fileToStore = "mytest.doc"; open IPFILE, "<", $name; binmode IPFILE; while (<IPFILE>) { $fileToStore .= $_; } close... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop difficulty

hi all I am new to unix and want to create a loop to repeat the loop and before that it ask me to do so.I know "while" may help but I put it in my work and getting stuk with it.any help appreciated. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsami1971
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

difficulty with awk

hello folks, i am stuck with this awk command. i need to calculate the sum of a column of values on a flatfile and i am using the following command : awk -F"|" '{x += $10} END {print "Sum: "x}' standard_csv_file1.out that flatfile contains 180 fields and i am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsony
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty embedding variable within AWK

Hi, I am working on a parsing script but cannot figure out how to accomplish this. Here is a simplified version of the script: #!/bin/bash DS=$1 DS=`expr $DS \* 2` DS=`expr $DS + 7` cat $FILENAME | awk '/<row><v> +/' | awk '{printf("%.0f %.0f\n", $6, $9)}' The problem is that I want the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisrak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty in understanding sort command

Hi, I have used the following command to get result using some program and got desired output but I am unable to understand the last part: sort -k5,5 -rn|head -n 10 grep Centre groups.dat |sort -k5,5 -rn|head -n 10 Please guide. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difficulty with set - command

Hi , i have a shell script with the first two lines as #! /bin/ksh set -x when i try opening the file from unix using the command 'sh filename.sh' , i am getting the below error : invalid optionline 2: set: - Pls help Use code tags for you code and data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajankum
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty searching for IP address in a file

Hi, Below is the command I use to search for IP address in a file. find ./ -type f \( -name "*.txt" -or -name "*.xml" \) | xargs grep -oE "\b({1,3}\.){3}{1,3}\b"As an output I found three IP address and below is how they look. #Listen 112.34.56.58:80 Listen 112.134.56.58:80 #This is an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
MANCALA(6)							   Games Manual 							MANCALA(6)

NAME
mancala - simple board game for human player and computer SYNOPSIS
mancala level-top level-bottom number-of-stones xmancala [-stones N] mancala-text DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mancala and xmancala commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. mancala runs the game in the console, while xmancala is a fancy X-interface. mancala-text is a shell script to run mancala in a console from the Debian menu system. When run as xmancala the program has no options, and should be self-explanatory. Built in buttons and sliders control the difficulty level (default 4), and bring up the rules of the game. The console version, mancala, has no access to the rules, and the difficulty level can only be set on the command line (see below). When it is your turn to play, you enter the letter of the cell that you want to move the stones from, A to F (case insensitive). The rules are contained in the file /usr/share/doc/mancala/RULES. OPTIONS
When run as mancala, the program normally takes two arguments, level-top and level-bottom, one of which should be 0 to represent the human player (you), and the other should be in the range 1 to 9, to represent the skill level of the computer player. The first argument repre- sents the top player, who starts. Alternatively, you can give a single argument or two non-zero arguments, to watch the computer playing itself, or two zero arguments, to play against another human player on the same console. For the console version, you can add a third argument to specify the number of stones per hole. For xmancala you can specify the number of stones per hole using the -stones N argument. On Debian systems, the shell script mancala-text is provided to facilitate running mancala in a console, from the Debian menu system. This script will run mancala with a difficulty level of 4, and will pause when the game is finished, to enable the player to view the final screen. SEE ALSO
<http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mancala> AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Andrew Gray <ajpg@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 13 March 2001 MANCALA(6)