Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Setting to SSH home-PC from Work Post 302573408 by yifangt on Monday 14th of November 2011 10:26:28 AM
Old 11-14-2011
Thanks!
I was struggling with the "Virtual server" part too, and I will give it a try when I am back home. Do I need to worry about the MAC Add and MAC filter? It seems I have to post a long list of questions. Let me try it first and thank you again!

Yifang

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting Oracle Home

Hi, if i set Oracle home in the command line as export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/product/9.2.0; and then checking it by typing echo $ORACLE_HOME,its getting the correct result.But if i try setting the ORACLE_HOME from a shell script by just including the same line as above,it was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up my HOME PC as server

Hi , i am having RedHat AS 4 in my home PC.now i want to access applications remotely i.e from office. how can i do that. in short i would like to make my PC as server for doing test's. while I am @ work. I am using static IP. leenus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrs
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Do You Work From Home?

Do you work from home (telecommute) more than half time each week? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help setting up a home solaris private network

Hi all, I just purchased 2 Ultra 10 servers and I want to practice with home networking. I want to create a private network where I can connect both boxes to the internet via broadband using my four port adsl modem/router. My ISP assigns me 192.168 addresses via DHCP and I use the ISP's DNS but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Setting up Oracle RAC at home

Hello, I'm planning to set up Oracle 10g RAC at home. I was initaillay planning to get a windows desktop and install Cent OS after wiping out the existing windows OS. I have some questions with regards to this. 1) For setting up RAC, I would have to install an additional NIC besides the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Home work

I am studying part-time degree course ( Information system ), I just ask to do the following question , but it is not easy for me as I do not have IT background , does someone can help for it. "Consider the following web application for a property agent : The server download to the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

7. AIX

Setting AIX box at home.

Hi guys... I have got a old Aix box i.e. 7043 - 150 for home experimenting purposes. I am having some issues to setup the tcpip on it correctly, so that i can access it within the network and also from outside i.e. work. My setup looks like this: Modem ----> Apple airport wireless router... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uzair_rock
2 Replies
MAC_NONE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       MAC_NONE(4)

NAME
mac_none -- null MAC policy module SYNOPSIS
To compile the null policy into your kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: options MAC options MAC_NONE Alternately, to load the sample module at boot time, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options MAC and in loader.conf(5): mac_none_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mac_none policy module implements a sample MAC policy that has no effect on access control in the system. Unlike mac_stub(4), none of the MAC entry points are defined. Label Format No labels are defined for mac_none. SEE ALSO
mac(4), mac_biba(4), mac_bsdextended(4), mac_ifoff(4), mac_lomac(4), mac_mls(4), mac_partition(4), mac_portacl(4), mac_seeotheruids(4), mac_stub(4), mac_test(4), mac(9) HISTORY
The mac_none policy module first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0 and was developed by the TrustedBSD Project. AUTHORS
This software was contributed to the FreeBSD Project by Network Associates Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BUGS
See mac(9) concerning appropriateness for production use. The TrustedBSD MAC Framework is considered experimental in FreeBSD. While the MAC Framework design is intended to support the containment of the root user, not all attack channels are currently protected by entry point checks. As such, MAC Framework policies should not be relied on, in isolation, to protect against a malicious privileged user. BSD
December 1, 2002 BSD