Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Problem parsing input with awk Post 302573377 by Arsh10 on Monday 14th of November 2011 08:57:05 AM
Old 11-14-2011
Thanks sir.

I have a another problem.I have three-four files like this
Code:
COURSE NAME: Operating Systems
CREDITS: 4
123456 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 5 8 0 12 10 25
243567 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 7 9 12 15 17 15

Now i want to move student id and total marks from another file.like this......
Code:
Student# Operating Systems JAVA C++ Web Development GPA
123456 76 63 50 82 67.75
243567 80 - 34 63 59

Can i use a read file or sort file. i tried to use read Command but just read print the file .How to print particular line....?

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags <- click the link!

Last edited by zaxxon; 11-14-2011 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: code tags, see PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing input paramter in a script

Hi folks I am having a little trouble in parsing a variable read into a ksh script I have a bunch of variables passed into script test.ksh HOST SERVER JOB1 JOB2 JOB3 JOB4 JOB5 What I want to do is read all the $JOB variables ($JOB1, $JOB2, $JOB3) into a variable and then read that variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anubhav
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

I need help with a problem that I have not been able to figure out. I have a file that is about 650K lines. Records are seperated by blank lines, fields seperated by new lines. I was trying to make a report that would add up 2 fields and associate them with a CP. example output would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing file2 with input from file1

Sorry dublication with previous thread... please delete it Hi all i need and appreciate your help creating a script in ksh for the following case Two files exists with questionmark delemeter: File1.txt: A;B;C;F;D;K; File2.txt A,name,address1; K,name,surname,phone; C,name,phone;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumsgr
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing name and phone as input and then print sub and marks out

I have a file like this : name phone id sub marks abc 2345 45 mat 90 bgt 6573 54 eng 89 ... .... .. ... .. ... .... .. ... .. Now i need to take in name and phone as input and then print sub and marks out, can u give me a sample code for this. P.S. If there are two of with same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasankaBITS
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another parsing line awk or sed problem

Hi, After looking on different forums, I'm still in trouble to parse a parameters line received in KSH. $* is equal to "/AAA:111 /BBB:222 /CCC:333 /DDD:444" I would like to parse it and be able to access anyone from his name in my KSH after. like echo myArray => display 111 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RickTrader
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help parsing job script input parameters

I have a job script that runs with input parms from the command line. job.sh -p parm1_parm2_parm3_parm4_file_1.dat The parms are separated by _ The last parm is a file name and can have an _ in the name. I currently use the following commands to extract the parms parm1=`eval echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
3 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell: Parsing Input

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm fairly confident I can brute force this assignment, but let's not do that ;-). Basically I'm required to support input such as ps aux | grep blah >> blah.txt& echo 'slslslsl' My question is what is the best way to parse that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: someoney3000
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in parsing an input in perl

I am executing a command it is returning me something like this name ip port ------------------------------------ http-listener-1 * 6712 http-listener-2 * 8709 I have a subroutine getListenerName($porttobeChecked) This subroutine returns me the name of the listener if i pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javaholics
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex text parsing with speed/performance problem (awk solution?)

I have 1.6 GB (and growing) of files with needed data between the 11th and 34th line (inclusive) of the second column of comma delimited files. There is also a lot of stray white space in the file that needs to be trimmed. They have DOS-like end of lines. I need to transpose the 11th through... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing problem

Hello fellow unix geeks, I am having a small dilemna trying to parse a log file I have. Below is a sample of what it will look like: MY_TOKEN1(group) TOKEN(other)|SSID1 MY_TOKEN2(group, group2)|SSID2 What I need to do is only keep the MY_TOKEN pieces and where there are multiple... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
7 Replies
CGI::Pretty(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    CGI::Pretty(3)

NAME
CGI::Pretty - module to produce nicely formatted HTML code SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Pretty qw( :html3 ); # Print a table with a single data element print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Pretty is a module that derives from CGI. It's sole function is to allow users of CGI to output nicely formatted HTML code. When using the CGI module, the following code: print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); produces the following output: <TABLE><TR><TD>foo</TD></TR></TABLE> If a user were to create a table consisting of many rows and many columns, the resultant HTML code would be quite difficult to read since it has no carriage returns or indentation. CGI::Pretty fixes this problem. What it does is add a carriage return and indentation to the HTML code so that one can easily read it. print table( TR( td( "foo" ) ) ); now produces the following output: <TABLE> <TR> <TD>foo</TD> </TR> </TABLE> Recommendation for when to use CGI::Pretty CGI::Pretty is far slower than using CGI.pm directly. A benchmark showed that it could be about 10 times slower. Adding newlines and spaces may alter the rendered appearance of HTML. Also, the extra newlines and spaces also make the file size larger, making the files take longer to download. With all those considerations, it is recommended that CGI::Pretty be used primarily for debugging. Tags that won't be formatted The following tags are not formatted: <a>, <pre>, <code>, <script>, <textarea>, and <td>. If these tags were formatted, the user would see the extra indentation on the web browser causing the page to look different than what would be expected. If you wish to add more tags to the list of tags that are not to be touched, push them onto the @AS_IS array: push @CGI::Pretty::AS_IS,qw(XMP); Customizing the Indenting If you wish to have your own personal style of indenting, you can change the $INDENT variable: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = " "; would cause the indents to be two tabs. Similarly, if you wish to have more space between lines, you may change the $LINEBREAK variable: $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = " "; would create two carriage returns between lines. If you decide you want to use the regular CGI indenting, you can easily do the following: $CGI::Pretty::INDENT = $CGI::Pretty::LINEBREAK = ""; AUTHOR
Brian Paulsen <Brian@ThePaulsens.com>, with minor modifications by Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> for incorporation into the CGI.pm distribution. Copyright 1999, Brian Paulsen. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. Bug reports and comments to Brian@ThePaulsens.com. You can also write to lstein@cshl.org, but this code looks pretty hairy to me and I'm not sure I understand it! SEE ALSO
CGI perl v5.16.3 2011-01-24 CGI::Pretty(3)