Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Help with zipping contents but not path Post 302573313 by austech360 on Monday 14th of November 2011 05:38:16 AM
Old 11-14-2011
Like. in the folder X there are 200 folders. Inside each of those 200 folders, I need the content from folder 1, into a zip. 1.zip
then content from folder 2. 2.zip. it cant have the folder 1 in the root of that zip though. it has to have the CONTENT in the first part? This is very confusing. I know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping

Hi In unix i want to zip the files in a directory excluding *.dmp, *.log, *.lst, *.out files in that directory. pls let me know what command to use. $zip ........ ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help me While zipping the file

Hi , I have written code which will ask the subject,body of the mail, attachment and mail id of the receipient. Code will pick up 4 files zip it. It will zip all the files and then post the mail to the receipient. While zipping the file i am getting error. Can anyone help me with this. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jolly
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping files

Hi, Is there any difference if files are individually zipped and archived in a directory or if files are moved into archiving directory and zipping that directory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathich
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with zipping files

Hi, I have come across a requirement in which I need to zip files. This is fine but the requriement has one conditions like below: One .z file can not have more than 10,000 files Now in the directory I have several files liek below: aaa_file_10_00001.txt aaa_file_10_00002.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If contents of A are in B then move the common contents to C

Hallo Team, I have 2 .csv files file A has 47600 lines and file B has 67000 lines FILEA SD0o9rb01-1d320ddbcc8d220f572739ebed5f58d1-v300g00 SD8bt0101-a0810bfe0e3396060126ec51b30dac0a-v300g00 SD05sce01-cb056af347ed4651f29eb3c3e9addbd6-v300g00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping contents without the actual directory

Hi , I want to zip files present in the directories listed under a parent directory without zipping the directory itself my parent directory path is /informatica/DGDMN/PowerCenter1011/server/infa_shared/SrcFiles/OTE/Final_Directory I have the below directories named as 1,2,3,4,5 listed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print contents of file when the file path is in a variable?

The file f1 contains the text "body" (shell prompt is "$"): $ cat ~/path/f1 body How to print contents of f1 when the f1 path is in a variable? Here is my failed attempt: $ f1="~/path/f1" $ echo $f1 ~/path/f1 $ cat $f1 cat: '~/path/f1': No such file or directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Zipping

Good Morning, I'd like to archive an old user's files in the home directory on Solaris 9 Will this work? cd home tar -zcvf jsmitharchive.tar.gz jsmith/ ---------- Post updated at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:33 AM ---------- Also- is the last /necessary (after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
4 Replies
NEW(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)