Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iNode Usage Identification
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers iNode Usage Identification Post 302573277 by rob171171 on Monday 14th of November 2011 02:07:56 AM
Old 11-14-2011
iNode Usage Identification

Hi

My
Code:
 SunOS alps 5.10 Generic_125100-05 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200

appears to have reached 100% util on its iNodes.

Code:
# df -F ufs -o i
Filesystem             iused   ifree  %iused  Mounted on
/dev/md/dsk/d0       4857202      14   100%   /
/dev/md/dsk/d20         1040  630640     0%   /tmp
/dev/md/dsk/d40           89  486631     0%   /oracle_install
/dev/md/dsk/d41           40  486680     0%   /oracle_admin
/dev/md/dsk/d46           22 2428586     0%   /APPSLOGS_db01
/dev/md/dsk/d42           54  486666     0%   /oracle_admin/APPSLOGS
/dev/md/dsk/d44           10  487286     0%   /oracle_admin/APPSLOGS/arch
/dev/md/dsk/d45        46093  922483     5%   /oracle_install/product/10.2.0
/dev/md/dsk/d43         1032 3638968     0%   /oracle_admin/APPSLOGS/backup

The problem is trying to find out where on the box is using up all these iNodes. Is there a simple way to find out?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

file identification

Can anyone identify what this file is for? 241436 Dec 17 16:29 dtdbcache_:0 Is it necessary? My system is at 94% and I am trying to clean / directory as much as possible. Any other files I can set to dev/null besides messages, and the wtmp and wtmpx? Please and Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnsalazar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

version identification

Hi Which command do i use to know which version of solaris am i working on?? thanks in advance regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knopix
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ip identification

how can i find my own ip address from unix. command like who -x .this would provide all the ip address but i need to list only current user ip address. who am i command does not display the ip. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naushad
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file identification

Can anybody tell me what are these files are and what do they do and if they are safe to delete. Thanks /var/cache/yum/base # ls -al total 44792 drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Sep 22 11:43 . drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 4096 Nov 18 2007 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Sep 22... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Inode Usage

Inode usage on one of my servers is up to 85% Whats the best way of finding which directories are storing loads of files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

file identification

hi there, i have written the following simple lines: find $SCENE -name "*.xml" echo -n "Input the name of the image file to be read: " set im_name = ($<) i like to set the value for im_name automatically to the .xml, which was found by the first line without having to input it. the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inode usage

Environment: O.S Version HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 What is the recommended Inode free nodes? On our server Unix Sys Admin, have setup warning email alert when % of I-node usage is above or equal at 5%. Sample Email: --------------------------------------------------- Subject: WARNING:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
6 Replies

10. Linux

Berkeley version bdf: combination of inode and file system usage

hello, i need a command like "bdf" of HP-UX. ( report number of free disk blocks (Berkeley version) ). it should report inode and file system usage in one line like bdf -i manpage : Man Page for bdf (all Section 1m) - The UNIX and Linux Forums HP-UX command "" report inode and file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
2 Replies
sf880drd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      sf880drd(1M)

NAME
sf880drd - Sun Fire 880 Dynamic Reconfiguration daemon SYNOPSIS
sf880drd DESCRIPTION
The Sun Fire 880 Dynamic Reconfiguration daemon, sf880drd, is part of the PCI and system bus hotplug framework. sf880drd starts at boot time. It has no configuration options and does not report any system status. sf880drd implements the Sun Fire 880 console-less system administration (per-slot pushbuttons and LED status indicators). It also manages various aspects of CPU/memory hotplug. FILES
/usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-880/lib/sf880drd ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsfdr.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), cfgadm(1M), cfgadm_pci(1M), cfgadm_sbd(1M), svcadm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The sf880drd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/platform/sun4u/sf880drd Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 13 Aug 2004 sf880drd(1M)