Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Relocatable code, Etcetera
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Relocatable code, Etcetera Post 302573265 by theKbStockpiler on Sunday 13th of November 2011 11:36:38 PM
Old 11-14-2011
Question Relocatable code, Etcetera

I was reading about ELF files and it has lead to Relocatable Code and also P.I.C. I have searched the net like never before and I can't find a whole lot of comprehensive/organized info on this topic. I really can't put together a decent enough question at this point.

Is any one aware of a guide or tutorial on the subject? Thanks in advance!Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

relocatable kernel

Hi, Is relocatable feature available in SLES? If it is can anyone please tell me the kernel version.. ~Nayana. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nayana
0 Replies

2. Linux

Find installed location of a relocatable package

Hi, I am finding the installed location of a package by: rpm -qi <package_name> And then parse the string "Relocations". If i relocate this package during installation with --relocate option , the "Relocations" string still shows the old value. Though the package has been installed on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX relocatable package help

Hi, I have created a relocatable AIX package named Test. The USIL is /abc bash-2.05b# lsusil INSTALL PATH = /abc COMMENTS = None Generally if a package gets installed in "/opt/Test" and i want to relocate it to "/abc" it gets installed under "/abc/Test". This happens the way in Solaris,... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. AIX

Uninstall a relocatable package

Hi, If a package has been installed at normal location: installp -u <package_name> uninstalls the package However, if that has been installed relocatable, the above command fails. It requires the relocatable path as the parameter installp -R <relocation_path> -u <package_name> To find... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If ‘922’ Code does not exist on ‘03’ Record, ‘901’ Code will be there instead, move ‘03’ R

01,011600033,011600033,110516,0834,2,90,,2/ 02,011600033,011103093,1,110317,0834,,2/ 03,105581,,015,+00000416418,,,901,+00000000148,,,922,+000000 00354,,/ 03,113806,,015,+00000559618,,,901,+00000000096,,,922,+000000 00621,,/ 88,902,+0000000025218,,/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sgoud
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD