Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Made something wrong in server Post 302573195 by pludi on Sunday 13th of November 2011 01:38:55 PM
Old 11-13-2011
Did you read the posts in the other forum? You basically removed all files older than 5 days from your server, including any executables that are required to run a webserver. And chances are that those required to install software are affected too. Since you don't have a backup your best chance is to re-install the complete system.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can this be made into one single line?

Can someone please suggest a script to make the following into one single (continuous) line so that a pattern search can be carried out on the resulting single line. Note : Sample (may be shorter or longer) and will be contained in a text file ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmsinghe
6 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DCHP server assigning a wrong Address

Pls could you help me diagnose my problem. I have a system which is a DHCP server and also the Remote Access Server. The DHCP server allocate normal address within the scope range to the LAN system. why it allocates abitrary number such as 169.254.217.90 255.255.0.0 class B address to the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can SQL Server call be made from unix sh

Hi, I need to make SQL Server procedure call (exec <proc name>)from unix shell script. First of all I would like to know if it is possible. I know we can do it from Oracle but not sure about SQL Server. Version: SunOS 5.8 SQL 8.0 I have made the below entry in the interface file. NSXNA267 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sspreethi
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wrong Time on Server

Hello Folks, The following: I got to solve a problem for a colleague. I do have an server HP-UX in a network. There is a Time Server, but it has to be adapted, due to NTP not reachable. The time on the server notifies more then 10 minutes in the future. There is a working database on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: velde_van_der_a
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Self made monitoring application

Hi.. Looking for advice / feedback Work in IT in an operational team, number of years ago, all monitoring was manual, vast checklists for unix checks, checking space, checking application processes, files etc. filling in spreadsheets etc. I took some basic scripting courses in ksh and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

An email that has made my day...

Today I received an email from 'code.activestate.com'. It was referenced to a Python code snippet I wrote 3 years and 2 months ago. It was the third party comment at the bottom that was emailed to me... As I am a pure amateur coder this has really made my day... Platform Independent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
FIND(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   FIND(1)

NAME
find - find files meeting a given condition SYNOPSIS
find directory expression EXAMPLES
find / -name a.out -print # Print all a.out paths find /usr/ast ! -newer f -ok rm {} ; # Ask before removing find /usr -size +20 -exec mv {} /big ; # move files > 20 blks find / -name a.out -o -name '*.o' -exec rm {}; # 2 conds DESCRIPTION
Find descends the file tree starting at the given directory checking each file in that directory and its subdirectories against a predi- cate. If the predicate is true, an action is taken. The predicates may be connected by -a (Boolean and), -o (Boolean or) and ! (Boolean negation). Each predicate is true under the conditions specified below. The integer n may also be +n to mean any value greater than n, -n to mean any value less than n, or just n for exactly n. -name s true if current filename is s (include shell wild cards) -size n true if file size is n blocks -inum n true if the current file's i-node number is n -mtime ntrue if modification time relative to today (in days) is n -links ntrue if the number of links to the file is n -newer ftrue if the file is newer than f -perm n true if the file's permission bits = n (n is in octal) -user u true if the uid = u (a numerical value, not a login name) -group gtrue if the gid = g (a numerical value, not a group name) -type x where x is bcdfug (block, char, dir, regular file, setuid, setgid) -xdev do not cross devices to search mounted file systems Following the expression can be one of the following, telling what to do when a file is found: -print print the file name on standard output -exec execute a MINIX command, {} stands for the file name -ok prompts before executing the command SEE ALSO
test(1), xargs(1). FIND(1)