Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Setting to SSH home-PC from Work Post 302573158 by yifangt on Sunday 13th of November 2011 09:43:32 AM
Old 11-13-2011
Setting to SSH home-PC from Work

Hello,
My question is very basic for the settings to SSH my home PC from work.
Home network two PC:
Quote:
PC1: Dual system XP and Linux Mint, but normally using XP
PC2: Ubuntu only
Internet comes into my house through ISP modem and then the two PCs are connected with the router (Trendnet). The IPs for my PCs are
Quote:
Router IP: 7xx.46.11.143
PC1: 192.168.1.100
PC2: 192.168.1.103
wii: 192.168.1.101
How to set other stuffs for me to access my home PC from work through SSH? I had tried to reach my PC2 from work using:
Code:
ssh my_user-name@192.168.103

but it did not work. Obviously I did not go through the router and realized I did not have the ABC for this stuff, especially the firewall and MAC settings. Can anyone help me walk through this process for a beginner? I searched the forum, there a couple of threads similar to my question, but mine is more basic. Thanks a lot in advance!

yifangt

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting Oracle Home

Hi, if i set Oracle home in the command line as export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/product/9.2.0; and then checking it by typing echo $ORACLE_HOME,its getting the correct result.But if i try setting the ORACLE_HOME from a shell script by just including the same line as above,it was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up my HOME PC as server

Hi , i am having RedHat AS 4 in my home PC.now i want to access applications remotely i.e from office. how can i do that. in short i would like to make my PC as server for doing test's. while I am @ work. I am using static IP. leenus (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrs
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Do You Work From Home?

Do you work from home (telecommute) more than half time each week? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help setting up a home solaris private network

Hi all, I just purchased 2 Ultra 10 servers and I want to practice with home networking. I want to create a private network where I can connect both boxes to the internet via broadband using my four port adsl modem/router. My ISP assigns me 192.168 addresses via DHCP and I use the ISP's DNS but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Setting up Oracle RAC at home

Hello, I'm planning to set up Oracle 10g RAC at home. I was initaillay planning to get a windows desktop and install Cent OS after wiping out the existing windows OS. I have some questions with regards to this. 1) For setting up RAC, I would have to install an additional NIC besides the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Home work

I am studying part-time degree course ( Information system ), I just ask to do the following question , but it is not easy for me as I do not have IT background , does someone can help for it. "Consider the following web application for a property agent : The server download to the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust
1 Replies

7. AIX

Setting AIX box at home.

Hi guys... I have got a old Aix box i.e. 7043 - 150 for home experimenting purposes. I am having some issues to setup the tcpip on it correctly, so that i can access it within the network and also from outside i.e. work. My setup looks like this: Modem ----> Apple airport wireless router... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uzair_rock
2 Replies
PRIPS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  PRIPS(1)

NAME
prips -- print the IP addresses in a given range SYNOPSIS
prips [-c] [-d delim] [-e exclude] [-f format] [-i incr] start end prips [-c] [-d delim] [-e exclude] [-f format] [-i incr] CIDR-block prips -h DESCRIPTION
The prips tool can be used to print all of the IP addresses in a given range. It can enhance tools that only work on one host at a time, e.g. whois(1). The prips tool accepts the following command-line options: -c Print the range in CIDR notation. -d delim Set the delimiter to the character with ASCII code delim where 0 <= delim <= 255. -e <x.x.x,x.x> Exclude ranges from the output. -f format Set the format of addresses (hex, dec, or dot). -h Show summary of options. -i incr Set the increment to 'x'. ENVIRONMENT
The prips tool's operation is not influenced by any environment variables. FILES
The prips tool's operation is not influenced by any files. EXAMPLES
Display all the addresses in a reserved subnet: prips 192.168.32.0 192.168.32.255 The same, using CIDR notation: prips 192.168.32/24 Display only the usable addresses in a class A reserved subnet using a space instead of a newline for a delimiter: prips -d 32 10.0.0.1 10.255.255.255 Display every fourth address in a weird block: prips -i 4 192.168.32.7 192.168.33.5 Determine the smallest CIDR block containing two addresses: prips -c 192.168.32.5 192.168.32.11 DIAGNOSTICS
The prips utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
ipsc(1), gipsc(1) STANDARDS
No standards were harmed in the writing of the prips tool. HISTORY
The prips tool was originally written by Daniel Kelly and later adopted by Peter Pentchev. This manual page was originally written by Juan Alvarez for the Debian GNU/Linux system and later added to the prips distribution and converted to mdoc format by Peter Pentchev. AUTHORS
Daniel Kelly <dan@vertekcorp.com> Juan Alvarez <jalvarez@fluidsignal.com> Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> BUGS
Please report any bugs in the prips tool to its current maintainer, Peter Pentchev. BSD
March 1, 2011 BSD