Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX entstat output "Receive Errors" Post 302572975 by h@foorsa.biz on Saturday 12th of November 2011 04:18:05 AM
Old 11-12-2011
Transmit and Receive Errors

Indicate number of output/input errors encountered on this device. This field counts unsuccessful transmissions due to hardware/network errors.
These unsuccessful transmissions could also slow down the performance of the system.
I suggest to start to isolate the problem as soon as possible if it doesn't lie within your sever , NIC and cables then it might be your network hardware equipments such switches , cables and so on.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Solaris

significance of "+" char in SunOS "ls -l" output

Hi, I've noticed that the permissions output from "ls -l" under SunOS differs from Linux in that after the "rwxrwxrwx" field, there is an additional "+" character that may or may not be there. What is the significance of this character? Thanks, Suan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
6 Replies

4. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. AIX

"Frames" and "Words" in fcstat output

What are "Frames" and "Words" in the fcstat output? vio1:/home/padmin:# fcstat fcs0 <snip> Transmit Statistics Receive Statistics ------------------- ------------------ Frames: 122844229 363445456 Words: 50940091904 171210861568 <snip> The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kah00na
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
STRUCT 
IEEE80211_CON(9) The basic mac80211 driver inte STRUCT IEEE80211_CON(9) NAME
struct_ieee80211_conf - configuration of the device SYNOPSIS
struct ieee80211_conf { u32 flags; int power_level; int dynamic_ps_timeout; int max_sleep_period; u16 listen_interval; u8 ps_dtim_period; u8 long_frame_max_tx_count; u8 short_frame_max_tx_count; struct ieee80211_channel * channel; enum nl80211_channel_type channel_type; enum ieee80211_smps_mode smps_mode; }; MEMBERS
flags configuration flags defined above power_level requested transmit power (in dBm) dynamic_ps_timeout The dynamic powersave timeout (in ms), see the powersave documentation below. This variable is valid only when the CONF_PS flag is set. max_sleep_period the maximum number of beacon intervals to sleep for before checking the beacon for a TIM bit (managed mode only); this value will be only achievable between DTIM frames, the hardware needs to check for the multicast traffic bit in DTIM beacons. This variable is valid only when the CONF_PS flag is set. listen_interval listen interval in units of beacon interval ps_dtim_period The DTIM period of the AP we're connected to, for use in power saving. Power saving will not be enabled until a beacon has been received and the DTIM period is known. long_frame_max_tx_count Maximum number of transmissions for a "long" frame (a frame not RTS protected), called "dot11LongRetryLimit" in 802.11, but actually means the number of transmissions not the number of retries short_frame_max_tx_count Maximum number of transmissions for a "short" frame, called "dot11ShortRetryLimit" in 802.11, but actually means the number of transmissions not the number of retries channel the channel to tune to channel_type the channel (HT) type smps_mode spatial multiplexing powersave mode; note that IEEE80211_SMPS_STATIC is used when the device is not configured for an HT channel DESCRIPTION
This struct indicates how the driver shall configure the hardware. AUTHOR
Johannes Berg <johannes@sipsolutions.net> Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 STRUCT IEEE80211_CON(9)